475 Visa help (not 457)

assia

I applied for the 175 (non csl/modl) in May 2009. I have been looking at State Sponsorship and have found that my occupation is listed on the SS for Northern Territory visa subclass 475. I have spent all day reading about this visa and would like a little help.

Does anyone know if I can change my 175 visa to the 475?

Would it be worth it to change? Even though i would move up slightly (7 to 5) in the processing list, waiting times will probably be the same as I'm non csl. Also taking into account that the 475 is only a temporary visa for 3 years and restricts us to living in the NT and is without full medicare and no child benefit (not that I'm relying on that but every little helps!)

Thanks

I found out that I will have to lodge a new application for the 475 which means more money :mad:.

I also have the option of moving to 176 family sponsored (Cat 6ii) as my husbands brother can sponsor us. I'm trying my best to look at all the alternative routes to get us to Aus a little bit sooner would really appreciate some advice.

Guest Gollywobbler
I found out that I will have to lodge a new application for the 475 which means more money :mad:.

I also have the option of moving to 176 family sponsored (Cat 6ii) as my husbands brother can sponsor us. I'm trying my best to look at all the alternative routes to get us to Aus a little bit sooner would really appreciate some advice.

Hi Assia

You have given yourself all the advice you need above.

The decision then comes down to you.

Cheers

Gill

Archived