CO always reffers to contact via PLE

Rubab

Hi all,

Does CO gets annoyed if he/she is contacted directly through email? The reason I'm saying this because, in all of the emails that my CO sent me had an advise at the bottom to contact them via PLE. Is it OK if I contact via email instead? Is there any impact?:unsure:

Thanks,

Rubab

Guest Violet S

I read from others who emailed to their CO directly. But i am not sure why they advice people to email PLE where you only get standard reply... based on the members here experience... to get the straight forward reply, just email them. No harm done, isn't it? When they ask you why not write to PLE, just tell them, you missed that... hehehe...

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

DIAC pride themselves that they always reply - even if the reply is rubbish.

The COs have been told that they need not answer e-mails or take phone calls unless they want to, so from the CO him/herself there might be no reply.

Cheers

Gill

Hi All

DIAC pride themselves that they always reply - even if the reply is rubbish.

The COs have been told that they need not answer e-mails or take phone calls unless they want to, so from the CO him/herself there might be no reply.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks Golly ... Sounds like true

Guest Gollywobbler
Thanks Golly ... Sounds like true

Hi Rubab

It is true. DIAC told me so themselves during the meeting in London in November.

The "general support" call centre and e-mail will always be answered. Obviously the manager hope that their underlings will speak some sense but they are poorly-paid and they are junior. The COs only enjoy middle management status but that is more seniority than the underlings possess.

The COs were wasting hours of time each day answering e-mails and taking phone calls so it was decided that this pressure should be removed from the COs completely unless the individual CO thinks it will be quicker for him/her to deal with the query him/herself than to leave one of the juniors to do it.

A guy who had worked at the ASPC for about 18 months complained about this. His experience was that some COs are nice people, very amenable etc and those people tend to deal direct with the applicants and/or their agents much of the time. The Jobsworths refuse to deal with anything that can be left to the juniors. However the very senior managers put up with that and accept that it takes both sorts of people to make a world. They are content that they have made the right decision in removing the pressure from the COs and leaving that to the juniors instead.

Cheers

Gill

Archived