university fees

Guest tracy.grinsell

Guest tracy.grinsell

Does anybody know if an english student can get any funding or sponsorship to attend uni in WA. If so how?:unsure:

Guest Nelson

Someone told me that you have to have been resident in Oz for 2 years to qualify for any assistance.. This also meant no student loans either... Don't quote me, just hearsay, but it sounded about right...

Someone told me that you have to have been resident in Oz for 2 years to qualify for any assistance.. This also meant no student loans either... Don't quote me, just hearsay, but it sounded about right...

It was me that told you that.

If your going on a permanant resident visa you cant get student loans for Uni until you're citizens.

I was told this by a lady from another site whose daughter is at Uni in Perth doing veterinary Science (what my son wants to do) and they have had to pay her Uni fees at the begining of every semester for the last 2 yrs. They are hoping to get citizenship later this yr so she can get a loan for the next 3/4 yrs.

Not sure if its any different depending on the course you do.

Sam xx

Guest ellie2
Does anybody know if an english student can get any funding or sponsorship to attend uni in WA. If so how?:unsure:

I dont know what visa you are going on, we are going on a 165 business investor visa and my daughter will be classed as a international student therefore she has to pay the same as someone going on a student visa. The fees for her 4 year teaching degree are $7.500 per simester. I'm not sure what the fees will be, or if you can have student loans if you have permanant residency.

Good luck, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Christine

If your daughter is to be classed as an international student under your visa she will not be eligible for Oz funding or sponsorship.

For an international student the more economic alternative is studying via the state or private Vocational sector (VET) with pathways into 2nd year university and much lower fees.

If your daughter has her heart set on teaching she will need to graduate from University, is she looking at primary or secondary?

Would it be an idea for her to commence VET related teaching e.g. child care related where asst. placements are made, so she can learn first hand if teaching is to be it (for half the cost e.g. AUD3500 semester), and research further onshore?

With fees kicking in everywhere we advise most candidates not to dive into a fee paying programme unless they are quite certain.

Archived