Flights, Migrant tickets - Dazed and confused

Guest ScottyB

Guest ScottyB

Really am dazed in maths atm.

:wacko:

Just thought I'd share what I have found out for people who might want to know

And maybe with the hope that someone might have different info !

So am sorting out how best to get to Perth on a PR visa entry in april

And the elusive migrant ticket

Am actually starting from Brussels (which doesn't help)

Rang Quantas - Belgian staff pointed me to an IOM - Rang IOM in Belgium - they told me they IOM only deals with re-patriation cases ?!

Rang Quantas UK - more experience of migrancy I hoped.

Yes they do migrant one way tickets, you have to book with them. Baggage allowance goes up to 40Kg

This is more like it I thought.

(Would have to train it from Brussels to London because of excess baggage charge which wouldn't be covered for that flight)

Got a quote for LHR - PER - mid apr - approx. 870 GBP per person

Asked for a quote for a 'normal' one way ticket - approx 430 GBP !!!!

excess baggage charge per Kilo over the allowed 23 kg - 50 AUD (29 GBP)

Do the math

if you 'could' bring 40kg on a normal flight - the saving of a migrant ticket - 50 GBP ?!

Geez thanks for not alot.

Singapore emailed me - again only direct flights - would be from Amsterdam (not much of a problem via train too)

But they would add an extra 10Kg to their 20 Kg limit for free (given I sent the correct doucments to them)

Got a quote from their website for an example date - approx 600 GBP

more expensive but I hear a better company ?

Therefore the cost of the extra 7Kg difference between Quantas and Singapore

600 - 430 / 7 = 24 per kg

So - halfway conclusion

Quantas has peed me off a little at their lack of so called help in this migrant ticket (although the stass of the phone in UK were helpful)

Singapore have the more nicer approach to this albeit we end up having to take 10 kilos less.

Anyways hope this helps but please , please someone inform me if they are doing something similar atm and are getting conflicting information.

(or if I've missed something)

Cheers

ScottyB

Guest proud2beaussie

Have you looked at Emirates? If you book through their website you will get a fare of about £530.00 from LHR to PER,and if you use the promo code of UKMOVE1 you will get increased baggage allowance if you email them a copy of your unvalidated PR visa after booking.

This is based on a departure date of 16 April.

Hope this helps.

Have you looked at Emirates? If you book through their website you will get a fare of about £530.00 from LHR to PER,and if you use the promo code of UKMOVE1 you will get increased baggage allowance if you email them a copy of your unvalidated PR visa after booking.

This is based on a departure date of 16 April.

Hope this helps.

Nigel is right we came with Emirates using the codes and got a 100 pound reduction in the price and our baggage allowance increased to 50kg each which really helped.

We did this online but had to collect and pay for the tickets at a major airport ours was Manchester. We took our confirmation email for the visa and I made sure the tickets had the 50kg allowance printed on. I also emailed Emirates customer service and got a confirmation email of extra allowance. I had read too many horror stories of mass excess baggage not to!:eek:

Guest ScottyB

Thanks guys, added Emmirates to the search list and sent a mail to them to see if I can do this form Paris as aswell as London.

They do seem quite cheap 'relatively' and 50kg - wow

Closer and cheaper to Brussels.

Will hopefully get that ticket finally booked :-)

We are flying Singapore Air - I have 40kg migrant ticket - no probs - just have to rock up and show my visa and they grant me the excess luggage at check in. Didn't pay any more at all.

Guest juliemtaylor

we are also going Singapore next month and as we are stopping over in Singy we emailed and asked if we can still have double allowance of 40kg (care a suitcase must not exceed 32kg). We had to email copies of our visa's and they granted the allowance! simple..

Julie x

Archived