child visa application

sarahjl

Hi,

We need to apply for a child visa for our 12 week old son as we decided to have him in the UK. We already have our permanent visa. Does anybody know how long it will take roughly? As we are trying to plan when we can make the move! Many thanks

Guest neil smith

Hi

I was just about to post the exact question, we have booked our flights for 27th June to Sydney,

we have our PR visa but our 10 month old arrived after our visa was granted.

Will be interested in replies, on process and cost

Cheers

Neil

Guest neil smith

Hi ,What visa is it we need to apply for ? how much was the medical, is it the same price we paid for our medicals?

Cheers

Neil

Hi, his visa should be lodged on mon at australia house in london and i'm hoping that it should be quite straightforward as he has already had his medical. will let you know how we get on!

Hi, the visa we have applied for is a 101 child visa (permanent). We needed to supply certified copies of my sons passport, birth certificate and my husbands (he is down as the sponsor on the form) visa label in his passport. We also needed to supply two passport photos of my son. There are two forms that you need to fill in, one for the child and one for the sponsor. We used our agent from our visa to help with these as I didnt want to mess it up! If you go to the dept of immigration and put in 101 child visa it should come up with the forms you need and cost. The visa itself is about £800.00 I think. His medical cost us £50 but thats in Southampton and it tends to vary all over the place. For that, the doc checked his weight, length, ears, eyes and reflexes and we were done in 15 mins!

Hope that helps!

Sarah

Guest neil smith

Hi Sarah

Thanks very much, I have just looked at the forms , think I will get the ball rolling this week.

Cheers

Neil

Archived