G.Electrician, QLD SS, Anyone got any news???

shaza

Im just trying to find out if anyone has roughly the same time line as us with same occupation etc.

Were still waiting to be given the go-ahead for our meds & pc's from the agent. As far as I know we still have no CO and I feel as though we are getting nowhere.

Sorry to rant and I know there are loads of us in the same boat but I am getting very frustrated.

Just wanting a little bit of news that may make me feel like we've not been lost in the backlog I suppose

Thanks guys & congratulations to all those who have received their Visa's recently x :cute:

Guest Sugapiesan

Hi there, sorry I can't help you with your query but I was hoping to pick your brains as me and my husband to be are thinking about applying for Aus this year. He is an electrician too which is why you caught me eye. I can see that you started your application some time ago last year, do you have a job offer? Is there any advice you can give to a couple just starting out on the process - such as agencies to use / not use etc? Is it possible to do it without using any agency at all?

many thanks

Sandra

Hi Sandra.

We started our application April 2008 but its usually my husband who deals with it all, Im really confused by it all to be honest, lol.

My hb hasnt got a job out there, we will just job hunt once we get there (if ever!!)

I think its very difficult for an employer to take someone on they have never met. Although you can apply for an employee sponsor in which case you would obviously have a job set up before you go.

You can do it without an agent but I was once told that a simple error on the paperwork can set you back months, although be prepared to wait a very long time anyway, you have probably heard how long it is taking anyway.

Im sorry I cannot help more & good luck in your decision & your new life in Oz should you decide to go. x

Guest Sugapiesan

Hi Shaza,

Thanks for your message, I can't believe how long it has taken you (and still is taking you) considering your husband is on the critical occupation list being an electician - can't be that critical!!! That was a real eye opener, thought we would be able to start it this year and be there by Christmas, probably not! Are you using an agent?

Hi Shaza,

Thanks for your message, I can't believe how long it has taken you (and still is taking you) considering your husband is on the critical occupation list being an electician - can't be that critical!!! That was a real eye opener, thought we would be able to start it this year and be there by Christmas, probably not! Are you using an agent?

G Electricians are no longer on the csl and if you start your visa now you may still be waiting in 2012 so if your serious i would start the process. My oh is also a spark and we are using an agent and it seems to be taking forever.who know when ours will be granted not done medicals yet we started process in dec 08.

Im just trying to find out if anyone has roughly the same time line as us with same occupation etc.

Were still waiting to be given the go-ahead for our meds & pc's from the agent. As far as I know we still have no CO and I feel as though we are getting nowhere.

Sorry to rant and I know there are loads of us in the same boat but I am getting very frustrated.

Just wanting a little bit of news that may make me feel like we've not been lost in the backlog I suppose

Thanks guys & congratulations to all those who have received their Visa's recently x

Hiya...

Just curious, when did you get your case officer? & how did you know you had one?...:unsure:

I see from your timeline, you havent yet done meds or p/checks?.....

Hope to hear from you & wishing you good luck....:yes:

Archived