A great 24hrs

Mike@Bonbeach

Hi all

Good news is always worth waiting for.

Yesterday we heard that we were O.K. on the medicals and all other paperwork, then this morning we had the request for the 2nd Visa application charge.So it's all happening now.

The flat is sold and contracts all complete(we move out on 21 June) then planning to fly out to Melbourne sometime around 11 July.

For those intereted in the Contributary Parents Visa, it's taken from acknowledgement on 17 April last year to get this far, so by the time we actually get the visa it will have taken almost 15 months.

It's been great reading all your stories, and thanks to those who have offered advice etc.

Mike and Connie :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest Debs64

What fab news, glad to hear you'll be on your way very soon after such a long wait.

all the best

Debbie :biggrin:

Guest jennywright

Congratulations and good for you after all this time - what patience you must have!!

Jen x

Thats great news Mike & Connie,

i am going to sponsor my parents on the contributy visa when i get my pernament which should be aug 08 (on a temp spouse at the mo) so going to be going down the same road you have just taken.

Wishing you all the very best for your new life down under "Enjoy"

Gizmo

Guest barbara townend

Say hello to Oz for us all that will hopefully be joining you soon, I applied on a Contributary parents visa September 2006 and am waiting patiently! :)

Guest Lin&Ell

Congratulations! I am sooo pleased for you. We lodged our PC app. in July 2006 & are still waiting to get a Case Officer. Hope you enjoy your new life in Oz.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes.

It's amazing what should seem easy always works out difficult.

A few weeks ago I contacted both HIFX and Commonwealth Bank saying that I will need to send the 2nd Visa charge(just over £23k) and both said "no problem". It turns out that CB can't issue a cheque/draft in AU$ from the UK,and its a right rigmarole with HIFX. I even contacted my credit card company to ask them if I could deposit with them enough to cover the difference between my credit card limit and the visa charge but that was a nono.

I ended up going with HIFX and putting up with the rigmarole.

By the way the exchange rates quoted by CB were over 2 cents better than HIFX.

HIFX can't issue the cheque until my electronic transfer is cleared, 4 days they say, yet it went out of my account immediately so where is it in the meantime?.

Keep you updated on the outcome

Mike and Connie

Guest kimdownie

Fantastic news, well done

my parents will be looking at this visa once w get over there. I bet the wait was a killer!!

good luck

Guest lettyma

hi all, has anyone used a guy callled mick breen before, could someone let me know whether he is the real deal. thank u

Guest cazbeckham

Lettyna

I contacted Mick Breen once and he seemed genuine enough on the phone but when I asked a few questions he seemed vague and I also emailed a couple of people who put their testimonials on his site and never got a reply so I smelled a rat then.

He is also not MARA regisitered which was not good. He also never replied to my emails or returned my phone calls.

I then went with Go Matilda and they are brilliant.

Be aware of Mick Breen, he may be cheaper but alarm bells are ringing with him

Caz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest newnico
Hi all

Good news is always worth waiting for.

Yesterday we heard that we were O.K. on the medicals and all other paperwork, then this morning we had the request for the 2nd Visa application charge.So it's all happening now.

The flat is sold and contracts all complete(we move out on 21 June) then planning to fly out to Melbourne sometime around 11 July.

For those intereted in the Contributary Parents Visa, it's taken from acknowledgement on 17 April last year to get this far, so by the time we actually get the visa it will have taken almost 15 months.

It's been great reading all your stories, and thanks to those who have offered advice etc.

Mike and Connie :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mike and Connie

Brilliant news! So pleased for you.Sounds as if you've got your timing spot on. I just got back from 2 weeks in Sydney and Melbourne, validating my visa. Was quite choked up when I went through Immigration with the precious visa, and all the official was interested in was to ask me if I'd got married since it was issued 10 days earlier. She wasn't amused when I joked that I hadn't had time.

Had a fab time in Melbourne doing a bit of house-hunting (prices are going up a lot and you can add a minimum 10-20% on the agent's quoted price for a property) and feel sure it's the right place for me. And they were having sunny autumn weather which was lovely.

Hope the rest of your plans now are going well.

Nico

Archived