House for rent in Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne

Guest hammfam

Guest hammfam

Hi all, we are about to move out of our rental house (June 21) and into a new home that we have bought and so this one is available to rent for six months or more. It can be very difficult to get a six month let so this may suit some people. It's a new four bed townhouse in Doncaster East, within walking distance of schools, secondary and primary and close to shops. It's about a 30-40min drive to the city. If anyone is interested please let me know on email hamm.fam@btinternet.com or via this site.

Guest HPRYCE

It sounds as though it would have been ideal for us but as we don't expect to be out there until Sept/Oct we'll have to hope something similar is available at the time. What sort of money should we expect to pay for something similar?

Guest hammfam

Our house is $595 per week however you can get some for less but they tend to be older houses. It is a popular area for families and I have been told that the state schools are a very high standard. A freeway is currently being built which will be completed sometime next year and that will mean that it's only 1/2 hour to the beach and yet close to the countryside as well. We moved to this area after having bought the Where To Live In Melbourne report off this site, but it was about a year ago. Its a great report and helps you with a starting point. Good luck for your Sept move, we are hoping to get it rented out sooner than that but you never know.....

Guest HPRYCE

Thanks for coming back thats really helpful. We plan on buying eventually but will rent for 6-12 months to suss out where we want to be. Hope your move goes well and you enjoy your new home.

Hugo

Guest ForestG

hammfam,

we are heading your way on 7th July and are thinking about eastern Melbourne as a start location. We are looking to buy fairly soon after arrival but have been cosidering a six month rental. Questions:

are pets allowed? - we have 2 dogs

is it furnished?

Let me know via the site and I will come back to you when I have had a chance to talk to my wife.

ForestG

Guest hammfam

We wanted a six month let but found this to be impossible. However it seems to be the general rule that you can break the lease - which is what we are doing - but if the house doesn't re-rent you are still liable for the full 12 months rent. Very few houses have furniture in them, if they do it's the stuff that the landlords don't want themselves - so it's not the best quality. If you are not planning on moving your furniture then you will need to buy it fairly quickly. You can rent serviced apartments which do have furniture but these are expensive, in the region of about $1500 per week and I don't think they would allow pets. We do not have a dog, however there is no garden here (just a decking area) so it's not ideal for pets, although one of our neighbours was here for a short time and they had two dogs.

Archived