Looking to meet other Brits in Melbourne

Guest celta

Guest budman
Afternoon all

Sorry to butt in.... Just moved to Melbourne from the UK with my partner who is Australian. Can I invite both of us to the do (if it's this Saturday, 9 Jan) ? Hopefully we can make it and will give us both the chance to get away from the in-laws ! It would be good to hear some english phrases after c.3 months of travelling to finally get here.

Thanks

Dave

hi dave

your more than welcome, the more the merrier

brian

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
Guest Savannah1
Hi, i've recently moved to Melbourne permanently to live with with my Aussie boyfriend. Loving Melbourne and have plently of Aussie friends but would really love to meet some fellow Poms before I lose my english accent forever. Plus I miss the cynical British humour and endless chats about the weather!! I live near St Kilda so surely there must others about?? Look forward to hearing from them

Celia

Hi celia. In exactly te same position although not sure how old your post is!! Moving to st kilda this weekend with my Aussie bloke but really would love some English buddies!! Let me know if still looking.

Guest NicolaElizabeth

Hi Celia - I'm Nicola and am moving over to Melbourne in Sep from Perth, I moved out here from Manchester in Sep last year with my boyfriend but he's not moving over with me initially. Would love to meet up when I arrive. Looking forward to a new adventure! For info I work in marketing and am 30. my email is nicolasutcliffe116@hotmail.com maybe we can arrange something.

Guest Frenglish

Hi Savannah1,

I've just moved to Melbourne 2days ago from France (I'm english, 25yo, and my partner is french, 26yo). We came out for my partner's jos so he will make lots of new friends straight away...however I won't until I find a job and get mingling! I'd love to make some friends in the area, pm me when you're after a catch up with an english girl :wink:

NicolaElizabeth- Good luck with the move! Let me know if you're interested in hanging out once you arrive.

Laura

Guest rose4eva

Hiya all. Well i hope melbourne can give me what i am looking for. I was living in perth, which i found very quiet. I moved to Sydney but came home before i moved over, worst thing i could have done. It made me very home sick. I am now back in the Uk, but i am coming back!!! I have plans to move to Melbs this Dec time. I would love some tips and advice about this state. I am moving over on my own and i am a district nurse, looking to work as a district nurse over in Melbs. I am just going through the process of jib interviews and getting myself back on the nursing registration.

How are you all settling?????

Alison Rose x

Guest Dannyfaldo

Hi guys

My name is Dan 32 (originally from Wales......please dont let that put you off!!) and my GF is Alexis 35. We have moved to Brunswick East from the burbs.

If there is a meet arranged let us know.

Dan

Guest rose4eva

Currently living in Cardiff, South wales, originally from Wrexham, North wales. Where in the South wales valleys are you from? How you finding Melbourne?

Guest rose4eva

I know Aberdare, i was there the other week, went to see Colin Fry in the theatre. haha, small world. How long have u lived in Melbs?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shkelly

hi,

we have just moved to bundoora, my husband works full time and I am looking for work. I am getting really bored would love to meet up if you have any free time.

thanks

simone

• 5 months later...
Guest jadenrob

Hi All,

Myself and hubby (both 30's professionals) would love to meet up :)

Anyone free on Fri 10th Feb for a couple of after night drinks?

Jade x

Guest GemHespin

Hey, I just moved from England at the beginning of the week im 21, i am just Near Rosebud and Drromana. Am up for meeting new people, let me know if you fancy doing something.

Gem

Archived