Does anyone fancy meeting up?

Guest The Macs

Guest The Macs

Hi All,

I have not posted on here very often ,but do read everyones threads.

I thought I would see if anyone who is feeling very homesick, if they would like to meet up???.

All the people who are loving Oz seem to meet up, so I thought when we are feeling at our most vunerable, lonely & miserable we should meet up & support each other.

We are going back to the U.K in August, which I know is not that far away, however the way that I feel at the mo, it seems forever away!!!!.

I have made friends here in Oz (who are loving it), but I have recently been speaking to people on this thread who are feeling like myself & it is so refreshing to be able to speak openly about how I really feel...Very miserable!!!:no:. I really don't like feeling this way as it is just not me at all...& not in my wildest dreams did I think that I would feel like this here!!!!!

I am living in on the Northside of Brisbane Eatons Hill. So if anyone at all fancies meeting let me know.

I've just re-read this back & I sound like a manic depressive!!!!. I'm not at all but would just love to meet up with some people who feel just like me, as I know that there are alot.

Becky X

Guest Magnetic6

Becky you sound fine to me, there must be loads in the same boat as you and hope you get like minded people to chat to and give you a bit of support x x

Guest Guest31881

You do not sound like a manic depressive, you sound like a person who has tried, Things have not worked out and you are going home. There are hundreds like you who for one reason or another decide Australia is not the place for them. I think it would be a good idea for you to meet like minded people, at least you could unwind, chat and talk about your various reasons for going back, and put the 'world to rights' as only a group of Brits can. :biglaugh:

Good luck to you and I hope things all work out well.

Guest sarebear

Hi Becky

Thank god....there is someone else out there feeling the same as me! I'd love to meet up.

I'm in Murrumba Downs-have no idea how far that is away from you...but don't care...i'll drive all day if i have to :laugh:

Sarah x

Hi All,

I have not posted on here very often ,but do read everyones threads.

I thought I would see if anyone who is feeling very homesick, if they would like to meet up???.

All the people who are loving Oz seem to meet up, so I thought when we are feeling at our most vunerable, lonely & miserable we should meet up & support each other.

We are going back to the U.K in August, which I know is not that far away, however the way that I feel at the mo, it seems forever away!!!!.

I have made friends here in Oz (who are loving it), but I have recently been speaking to people on this thread who are feeling like myself & it is so refreshing to be able to speak openly about how I really feel...Very miserable!!!:no:. I really don't like feeling this way as it is just not me at all...& not in my wildest dreams did I think that I would feel like this here!!!!!

I am living in on the Northside of Brisbane Eatons Hill. So if anyone at all fancies meeting let me know.

I've just re-read this back & I sound like a manic depressive!!!!. I'm not at all but would just love to meet up with some people who feel just like me, as I know that there are alot.

Becky X

Guest The Macs

Thanks Magnetic6 & SRP for your kind replies!.

Hi Sarah, Thank god you are feeling like me!!!....I don't think your far away at all from where we are, but yeah I'm of the same mindset, I would drive to the moon...to speak to someone who is going through what I am going through at the mo. I work Monday to Thursday & have Fridays off as I have a little girl, obviously this Friday is Christmas Day. Don't know when you fancy meeting I can do it on a night time???, maybe better without a 3 yr old running around anyway. Don't know how your fixed for one evening, we could go have a drink?. I can drive to Murumba Downs? Anyway let me know!..you have brightened my day already.

Becky X

Guest sarebear

Hi Becky

I can meet anytime, day or eve as i'm not working yet. There is a tavern at Murrumba Downs we could meet at for an evening drink if you like? I'll pm you my phone no.

Sarah x

Good for you girls, get in touch talk it thru, when i went thru this many years ago 21 to be exact there was no one to talk too, yes i got thru but what i would have given to speak to someone going thru the same as you say you would drive to the moon and back!

Archived