Anyone from Merseyside

Guest Ange

Guest sharon

Hi,

we are from Aintree have got subclass136 visa, also have a job in Allamanda hospital southport gold coast. house went up for sale on Friday so just waiting for house to sell and we will be on our way, I have two Kids millie 5, Harry 3.

All along we had been planning to go to the sunshine coast caloundra/mooloolaba/buderim, so I am quite dissapointed but the job offer was to good to refuse, we may still eventually move to the sunshine coast as I hear they are building a new hospital so there hopefully should be jobs.

If anyone has any info on southport gold coast or surrounding areas that would be great

cheers sharon

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest afiyafifi
hiya karen,

will keep you posted, and yeah it would be great to meet up when you arrive, have you got a job to go to? are you going with your family?

Sarah xx

Hi sarah , coming over with oh paul 32, myself 39 our 3 children who are brad 13 , chloe 10 and afiya 2 no job at moment but pauls trade high in demand so fingers crossed.hope to see you soon ..... take care karen xx

Guest shell4

Hi Ange ,

i am new to the site , i am from Knotty Ash, 10 mins from Whiston hospital,

we have just begun the process and are very anxious about the whole process, where are you up to in applying and are you with an agent or doing it alone????

if we are successful we are looking at mindarie, joondalup or surrounding areas, where are you looking at.

its great to know there are locals to chat to not that i would be very helpful if you asked me anything though!!!!!

Shell

Guest shell4
Hi there

Has anyone had a reply from Ange not heard from her for a while, is she on her hols? Get in touch when u can Ange, would love to hear from u

Linda

Hi Linda,

we are from Knotty Ash, looking to move to Joondalup, mindarie or surrounding areas, we started our application July so we are still learning about the process, a bit daunting until i found this web site,

when are you looking at moving over and how much of the process have you completed,

would love to chat

Shell

Hi Ange ,

i am new to the site , i am from Knotty Ash, 10 mins from Whiston hospital,

we have just begun the process and are very anxious about the whole process, where are you up to in applying and are you with an agent or doing it alone????

if we are successful we are looking at mindarie, joondalup or surrounding areas, where are you looking at.

its great to know there are locals to chat to not that i would be very helpful if you asked me anything though!!!!!

Shell

hi shell we are looking at those areas have you been there before we went 3 years ago it was lovly wish we boughrt our land then as prices have rocketed from what we were quoted we are from aintree and going it alone ...

Guest shell4

Hi guys,

we have never been to oz so we are relying on word of mouth for good areas to settle into, we have 4 kids aged 5,6, 13 and 15 so we will be looking at primary and senior schools, but im a bit shallow at the moment and looking at how far the beach is from the areas we can afford. also cant resist looking at all the more expensive houses and wishing to win the lottery.

Have you had your medicals done yet and what did they entail , as soon as we have completed them we will put our house on the market,

Have you a house to sell,and any advice on this???

nice to chat

Shell

Hi guys,

we have never been to oz so we are relying on word of mouth for good areas to settle into, we have 4 kids aged 5,6, 13 and 15 so we will be looking at primary and senior schools, but im a bit shallow at the moment and looking at how far the beach is from the areas we can afford. also cant resist looking at all the more expensive houses and wishing to win the lottery.

Have you had your medicals done yet and what did they entail , as soon as we have completed them we will put our house on the market,

Have you a house to sell,and any advice on this???

nice to chat

Shell

August 29, 2007

Hi,

Thanks for your post. I am based in Clockface, St Helens. Read your message, and those of other people who have posted replies to your message. I am surprised there are so many messages from people in Merseyside. I feel like I am the only person i this area applying to emigrate to Australia.

Well, I started my application process on July 31, 2007. Posted my qualifications for assessment. I have my IELTS test on September 8th, 2007.

From what I have learned so far about Australia, Brisbane looks favourable, and so does Perth. Melbourne also seems to have its benefits.

If you rustle up a meeting with a few other local people let me know. I might be interested in dropping by.

Kind Regards,

Gary

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gezz peter

hi ange, we are going blind aswell although we know a few people out there.

were going to bunbury coast. i hear the wages are quite reasonable out there some pay better obviously ,same as it is here. we live in runcorn but have all the family up in allerton , so were up there quite often ! if your ever in that area and wanna meet let me know, my aunt owns a wine bar, mellos.

same goes for anyone else wanting to chat we are having our leaving do there end of nov ish hopefully!

• 9 months later...
Guest Caron and Rod

Hi Ange

Me and hubby from Liverpool, arrived in Oz October 07, living in Kandos NSW (between Bathurst & Mudgee, Mid West region). Where are u?

Caron and Rod

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hels269

I have a scouse aunty living in towsnville, she is a midwife at the hospital. she is always up for meeting people, especially people from merseyside

in fact there is a pocket of scousers living in townsville and they are all related to me !

Whereabout are you heading ?

helen

hello fellow scousers!

I live in Wavertree, Liverpool and am moving to Sydney at the end of October with my boyfriend we are both 24 and looking forward to a more exciting life over there.

Guest Jaynie
hello fellow scousers!

I live in Wavertree, Liverpool and am moving to Sydney at the end of October with my boyfriend we are both 24 and looking forward to a more exciting life over there.

Welcome......now you will have to learn to speak much slower as otherwise you will not be understood, so start practising now! lol.

I come from Huyton originally and lived here 15yrs, people still say "Are you a Pommie" or they think I am Irish, well we are nearly aren't we? :biglaugh:

Hope you enjoy your new lives over here, keep in touch and let us know how you are going, are you emigrating or backpacking?

ha! i was thinking that my boyfriends dad is an ozzy and after 7 years of knowing him i still struggle to understand him at times! we are emigrating my boyfriend was born over there but moved over here when he was younger and has always wanted to go back. So we are going to give it a try!

My boyfriends sister moved back about 5 years ago and she now has a very strange combination of scouse/oz accent its really slurred and hard to understand - hope mine doesn't change too much!

So take it your really happy and settled there?

Guest Jaynie
ha! i was thinking that my boyfriends dad is an ozzy and after 7 years of knowing him i still struggle to understand him at times! we are emigrating my boyfriend was born over there but moved over here when he was younger and has always wanted to go back. So we are going to give it a try!

My boyfriends sister moved back about 5 years ago and she now has a very strange combination of scouse/oz accent its really slurred and hard to understand - hope mine doesn't change too much!

So take it your really happy and settled there?

Yes we are, we live on the Central coast and it's great up here, where in Sydney are you looking at living?

Word of warning, the nightlife isn't like the POOL so if you want heaps of life Sydney CBD is the place for you, up here we have the leagues club and they end up fighting every weekend! Always by the taxi queue for some strange reason!??? I tell em to fight over there away from me! lol

Guest lynnjez

Hi Guys new to the site and origanally from Kirkby, but now living in prestatyn north wales. Just about to employ a migration agent to get the ball rolling...really exiciting we have talked about it for about 4 years!!

We are hoping to move to brisbane.....Redcliffe area

we are hoping to go on a 175 as huband is a sheet metal worker any one else going to or already in brisbane?

Thanks

Lynn

Guest the mortons

ayer guys we are from liverpool old swan and applied for our visa 175 on-line

08/02/08 its soooo doing me head in waiting we have been in me mum-in laws

for 8 weeks now and i just want to be there now:swoon:

our house is getting rented out and all our stuffs in storage till we go.

we are hoping to go to adelaide fingers crossed

susan :smile:

• 3 months later...
Guest phillandmandy
Hi all,

quite new to the site joined sometime last week. Is there anyone using this from Merseyside? It would be great to chat to some locals, not that there is anything wrong with the rest of you! lol

hi am from merseyside looking to moving over to oz and sorting are visa out after christmas really excited need a break from this weather lol

Hello, Just thought I would let you all know that some of the P.I.O. families that live in North West are meeting up this Sunday at the Railway Pub, Station Road, Garswood at 2PM. You are all welcome to come and get together with us.

Samantha x

Guest Ab Fab.

Hi there.

I grew up in St Helens - went to Sutton High.

Then when i met my O.H we lived in Westbrook Warrington, before we made the big move to the fantastic Sunshine Coast QLD, buderim.. been hear now for 3yrs and it's the best thing we ever did.

Would love to meet some Wooly backs, scousesrs, pie eaters, Cheshire cats, ha ha, if anyone's local to Buderim and fancies meeting up for a drink give us a shout..

Paula.

Guest phillandmandy

lol where from wallasey , we havent moved to oz yet where applying for are visa after christmas and am so excited just have so many thing to sort out pension and everything else , do you ever get home sick and miss your family ? how do you overcome it ? i carnt waiy to go i thing if i keep in touch on the computer i will be ok i am ready to go there nothing here for us and i wan t a better quality of life for are children we have 3 children 2 boys 7 and 3 and a girl who is 1 i dont want them growing up with the kids of today . is there any thing we need to know or is there anything that us thoought you should of done before you moved to oz , thanks so much for getting in touch kind reguards mandy and phill

Guest phillandmandy

would of loved to but i have to toddler and there not good in pubs lol thanks for the invite though where in wallasey and going to apply for are visa after christmas and am so excited xx philland mandy

Archived