Medicals and pregnancy

jillabong

Hi All

Was just looking for some advice on medicals and pregnancy. We have come to the point were we are looking to get pregnant again, but obviously (being optimistic) don't want to delay our medicals and xrays. But on the other hand don't want to put off getting pregnant as we may then be waiting till 2012!!! -As we are only Cat 5 processing it might be quite a while before we are called to have medicals done.

So was wondering if I should just go and get mine done now, and hope that they ask for them within the next year. Asked our agent but she just said obviously we might have to pay again, so no help. Was just wondering what others would do in our situation?

What a dilemma!!!!

Any opinions, advice or peeps in same boat?

Many Thanks and Kind Regards

Jill (30), Sam (34) and William (16mnths)

Agent appointed: 23 March 2009

ACS Skills Assessment: 7 July 2009

Positive Skills Assessment: 7 August 2009

SA SS Applied: 15 September 2009

All paperwork received by SA: 28 September 2009

SA SS Granted: 9 November 2009

475 Visa Application Submitted: 24 November 2009

Hi All

Was just looking for some advice on medicals and pregnancy. We have come to the point were we are looking to get pregnant again, but obviously (being optimistic) don't want to delay our medicals and xrays. But on the other hand don't want to put off getting pregnant as we may then be waiting till 2012!!! -As we are only Cat 5 processing it might be quite a while before we are called to have medicals done.

So was wondering if I should just go and get mine done now, and hope that they ask for them within the next year. Asked our agent but she just said obviously we might have to pay again, so no help. Was just wondering what others would do in our situation?

What a dilemma!!!!

Any opinions, advice or peeps in same boat?

Many Thanks and Kind Regards

Jill (30), Sam (34) and William (16mnths)

Agent appointed: 23 March 2009

ACS Skills Assessment: 7 July 2009

Positive Skills Assessment: 7 August 2009

SA SS Applied: 15 September 2009

All paperwork received by SA: 28 September 2009

SA SS Granted: 9 November 2009

475 Visa Application Submitted: 24 November 2009

If you are not on the critical skills list then the current timings are 2012, in which case not much point doing medicals at this point. You could have had the baby by the time you are asked for medicals.

Of course there is the chance that processing priorities will change before 2012, so if the finances are no concern you could have the medicals "just in case" (not what I would do). You should also bear in mind that it is possible to have xrays whilst pregnant by using a lead shield or if you don't want to do that and are asked for medicals you can just ask CO to put app on hold until the baby arrives.

Archived