Coals to Newcastle...

abz123

I have read enough posts to know that "if there's room in the container, bring it", but is taking my BBQ to Oz going a bit too far?

Can I get calor gas for it or will I need / can I buy a new regulator? Is it worth it?

On a similar issue, should I bring my washing machine? My wife lived in Perth with her parents back in the late 80s and she remembers everyone having top loaders but looking around, it looks like Australians are moving over to front loading machines. A space issue?

I have read enough posts to know that "if there's room in the container, bring it", but is taking my BBQ to Oz going a bit too far?

Can I get calor gas for it or will I need / can I buy a new regulator? Is it worth it?

On a similar issue, should I bring my washing machine? My wife lived in Perth with her parents back in the late 80s and she remembers everyone having top loaders but looking around, it looks like Australians are moving over to front loading machines. A space issue?

No not really a space issue I don't think. Just weren't sold here until recent years when their water saving enviro credentials become more important to people. Doesn't hurt that they make your clothes last longer either. A lot still think they are too small but bigger 7kg+ machines are becoming more common.

Guest Guest31881

If you bring your BBQ, you will need to buy a new regulator when you get here. also it must be very clean to come through customs. that means absolutley no grease or dirt on it, or they will charge you to clean or destroy. Washing machines are expensive here, so if its a decent machine bring it with you. remember to buy Travel plugs for everything you bring that has a UK plug on it. Or you will spend hours running round trying to find a spare adapter when you need one.:notworthy:

Archived