Has anyone had any lucky securing a job under ENS(121)?

Guest JK2510

Hi

Has anyone had any luck securing a job offer under the ENS(121)scheme.

Oh has sent off CVs but havent heard anything.

This seems like the only option after having lodged a 175 and a 176!

Jodie

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Jodie

I've just had a look through some of your earlier threads to find out what your OH does.

It seems that your OH is an air conditioning engineer and that you plan to head for Perth in WA? If so......

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/robrat.html

RobRat is a project manager with a company that is involved in some sort of heavy duty airconditioning/refrigeration. I have not tried to ask for technical details because I don't know anything about refrigeration or air conditioning.

RobRat applied for a sc 176 visa sponsored by WA and everything was going brilliantly until 23rd September 2009. He is Amercan and he is in Perth on a sc 457 employer sponsored visa though he has not been with his present company for very long.

Rob's employers are currently sponsoring him for an ENS 121 visa so as to get him out of the 23/09/2009 trap. They know about the 457 visa because Rob had to get a new one in order to work for them.

If your OH's CV ticks all the right boxes, Rob's employers might be interested or Rob might know other companies to whom an approach might be worthwhile.

In the meantime, you, Jodie! My sister has lived in Oz for 30 years this year and she has been based in Perth (where she now lives) for the last 25 years. Her name is Elaine. At present Elaine works for Silver Chain as a Home Help. The job suits her for now because she likes the flexibility, even though it is casual work. She tells me that the pay is $20 an hour. Elaine says that cleaners can get more than this cleaning private homes but she reckons that is too much hassle and she prefers to work for Silver Chain, plus she enjoys the old dears.

Welcome to Silver Chain - Silverchain

You would need to have PR and be reasonably settled, plus you would need your own wheels, but Silver Chain seem to be the main people of their type in WA.

Cheers

Gill

Guest CARLJ13

Hi Gill...(or anyone else)

Don't suppose you know anyone in the Architectural industry?

I've been sending off c.v.'s to employers and agencies regarding 457's but not much joy!!

Carl

Guest CARLJ13

Hi Tom

Sydney would be great!!

I'm an Architectural Technician (been approved by vetassess a few months back this year).

I have over 14yrs experience in a variety of sectors - resi / leisure / healthcare.

Hope you can help.

Thanks Carl

Hi Jodie

I've just had a look through some of your earlier threads to find out what your OH does.

It seems that your OH is an air conditioning engineer and that you plan to head for Perth in WA? If so......

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/robrat.html

RobRat is a project manager with a company that is involved in some sort of heavy duty airconditioning/refrigeration. I have not tried to ask for technical details because I don't know anything about refrigeration or air conditioning.

RobRat applied for a sc 176 visa sponsored by WA and everything was going brilliantly until 23rd September 2009. He is Amercan and he is in Perth on a sc 457 employer sponsored visa though he has not been with his present company for very long.

Rob's employers are currently sponsoring him for an ENS 121 visa so as to get him out of the 23/09/2009 trap. They know about the 457 visa because Rob had to get a new one in order to work for them.

If your OH's CV ticks all the right boxes, Rob's employers might be interested or Rob might know other companies to whom an approach might be worthwhile.

In the meantime, you, Jodie! My sister has lived in Oz for 30 years this year and she has been based in Perth (where she now lives) for the last 25 years. Her name is Elaine. At present Elaine works for Silver Chain as a Home Help. The job suits her for now because she likes the flexibility, even though it is casual work. She tells me that the pay is $20 an hour. Elaine says that cleaners can get more than this cleaning private homes but she reckons that is too much hassle and she prefers to work for Silver Chain, plus she enjoys the old dears.

Welcome to Silver Chain - Silverchain

You would need to have PR and be reasonably settled, plus you would need your own wheels, but Silver Chain seem to be the main people of their type in WA.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

I have heard ofsilver chain but at the moment the only thing that is in my thoughts all day is the ENS(121)!

After our recent trip to Perth we dont wanna be here for much longer. It seems that companies and agencies dont wanna touch you with a barge pole!

Gollywobbler Gill would you consider in sending a courtesy email to the agency that acknowleged OH CV.Perhaps just asking how it is being received my employers?

Thanks

Jodie

hi folks i deal with both air con and architects but in sydney if this is any help to you

cheers Tom

Hi Tom

Thats a pity you dont have contacts in Perth but thanks for that!

Jodie

Guest tomatohead
Hi Tom

Sydney would be great!!

I'm an Architectural Technician (been approved by vetassess a few months back this year).

I have over 14yrs experience in a variety of sectors - resi / leisure / healthcare.

Hope you can help.

Thanks Carl

e mail me carl carter19632000@yahoo.co.uk see what i can do when i get back

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Jodie

Gollywobbler Gill would you consider in sending a courtesy email to the agency that acknowleged OH CV.Perhaps just asking how it is being received my employers?

What agency, hon? You haven't mentioned one on this thread?

If I know anything about recruitment agents, though, the CV is sitting in a pile and won't have been sent to any employers in WA. You have to harrass recruitment agents daily if you want them to do anything for you in my experience of them as a breed. :realmad:

If you look in your private messages inbox, I have sent a joint PM to you and RobRat to introduce you to him but he is not a recruitment agent. He is another Refrigeration/Air Con Engineer. He might be able to give you the names of some companies that he knows are not averse to the idea of sponsoring migrants.

Cheers

Gill

Guest CARLJ13

cheers Tom - be much appreciated.

I'll send an email tomorrow.

I see your from Salford? Where abouts?

I live in Monton (near Worsley)

Carl

Archived