petrol,petrol,engines!!!!!!!1

johnd

even the most ardent oz supporter must agree with my pommie winge, and also an excellent reason to bugger off back to blighty.....the australian obssesion with all things petrol, be it cars, usually v8, boats, motorbikes, lawn mowers, whipper snippers, etc,etc,.we live in a 'nice' suburb , but even this morning ,sunday, at about 6am, we were woken by some a-hole 'throbbing up' his v8 car or boat, oh also with intermittent mini revs of the engine?????, why for gods sake!!!!. then after a bit you are assaulted by the noise of petrol gardening equipment!!!!!...f**k off!!!!. i dont mean to moan but has anyone else noticed this?. i have done a lot of my own car maintenace over the years and i have never had the need to 'run' my car at idle for more than a few mins and certainley not at 6 in the morning.also i know we have to garden more in oz , but why is it that people are keen as mustard to be out doing it just after the 'curfew'time on a sunday, i know it gets hot but i would rather inconvience myself and do it in the heat than do it at 9am right next to my neighbours bedroom window...then again thats just my opinion.

LOL, Do you and me live in the same street? lol

Our next door but one neighbour seems to have a party most sat nights and about 11pm you hear the boat start revving,,,lol, bless em, it must be the highlight of their week as it never seems to move far enough from his drive to reach water,lol

Cal x

.....the australian obssesion with all things petrol, be it cars, usually v8, boats, motorbikes, lawn mowers, whipper snippers, etc,etc,.we live in a 'nice' suburb , but even this morning ,sunday, at about 6am, we were woken by some a-hole 'throbbing up' his v8 car or boat, oh also with intermittent mini revs of the engine?????, why for gods sake!!!!. then after a bit you are assaulted by the noise of petrol gardening equipment!!!!!....

Very strange post. You obviously have a problem with a nighbour or two. I personally enjoy Top gear a lot...I thought it was a UK show? I may be wrong

Very strange post. You obviously have a problem with a nighbour or two. I personally enjoy Top gear a lot...I thought it was a UK show? I may be wrong

LOL, dont think the OP has an issue with Top Gear Marco and i sure dont,, we are a tad Obsessed in our house with Jeremy and Richard,lol.

I know where he is coming from though,lol, if your an aussie you just ''Have'' to have a big shiny noisy as hell exhaust,(regardless of what vehicle you own,lol), nothing else will do!

Cal x

Guest proud2beaussie

I don't think OZ has any more obsession with shiny exhausts than the poms do Cal,believe me I have been woken up at 3am on a Saturday by the sounds of roaring exhausts and thumping bass from car stereos whilst staying with my GF in Biggin Hill-and I have also been woken at 7.00 am on a Sunday by the sound of lawnmowers and chainsaws as well,so I think to pretend it only happens in Australia as the OP seems to think is a bit much.

It has all to do with which suburb you choose.

And so it is in the UK and anywhere else.

By the way I have a 3" exhaust system fitted on my 4wd and I own 4 chainsaw, a whipper snipper, a blower and a mower but that does not mean I am obsessed or that I operate them at 3 in the morning. They are all strictly necessary.:biggrin:

It has all to do with which suburb you choose.

And so it is in the UK and anywhere else.

By the way I have a 3" exhaust system fitted on my 4wd and I own 4 chainsaw, a whipper snipper, a blower and a mower but that does not mean I am obsessed or that I operate them at 3 in the morning. They are all strictly necessary.:biggrin:

Bit of useless information......

Use of lawn electric/petrol garden equipment is banned from Friday ( midday I think ) till Monday..........in Holland!

I can live with the normal use of the petrol gadgets for gardening..... but can somebody please explain the Aussie obsession to have a "garden dog" - which always seems to bark and yap non stop.

If its a "guard" dog.....how come they never come out to see what or who makes the dog kick off!

BTW....on TV tonight.....350 dogs a day are "put to sleep" in Australia...... disgusting figure....

.....if they tried harder they could double that !

L.L.

Use of lawn electric/petrol garden equipment is banned from Friday ( midday I think ) till Monday..........in Holland!

I can live with the normal use of the petrol gadgets for gardening..... but can somebody please explain the Aussie obsession to have a "garden dog" - which always seems to bark and yap non stop.

If its a "guard" dog.....how come they never come out to see what or who makes the dog kick off!

BTW....on TV tonight.....350 dogs a day are "put to sleep" in Australia...... disgusting figure....

.....if they tried harder they could double that !

L.L.

And ****in whingin poms , rangers sort out the yappers ,the problem is dog hatin money grabbin tosspot landlords who only have outside dogs

And ****in whingin poms , rangers sort out the yappers ,the problem is dog hatin money grabbin tosspot landlords who only have outside dogs

Perhaps a revision of your post....rangers - are supposed to - sort out the yappers....but dont.

Aint no - dog hatin money grabbin tosspot landlords who only have outside dogs - anywhere near our all new build develpment.

Dont know about where your whingin poms come in... unless you mean...me, which insinuates that aussies dont complain about dogs!

Which leaves me to wonder why the councils have a system in places to - theoretically - deal with the problem!

couldnt agree more. we live in a newish estate and some nights it sounds like wolves howling!!. the guy across from us chucks his dog in the yard 3 times a day, about 7am, 1pm & about 5pm. it stays there for an hour or so barking its f**king head off then it is brought in.(the 1pm chuck out is done by his wife i think). we are side on to his house and not direct nieghbours , but the people immediatley across from us are his direct neighbours and quite how they sit by the pool with their kids whilst all the nosie goes on beggars belief. at least i can shut my front door and cut out the noise. i did report it and was told that no-one else in the immediate area had made a complaint, they must all be deaf!!.i dont know if this is oz wide but the 'correct' way of dealing with this,according to council/rangers, is to approach the people directly and ask them if they are aware of the dog problem!!!, because according to council 90% of situations are resolved this way, then if they are indifferent to your request tell them you have no other option than to report them!!!, f**k off!!! a better way of getting your tyres slashed, cat kicked up the arse or window put through i have ever heard of. of course the guy knows his dog is barking, he's in the house, he doesnt walk the poor thing. im sure if i went over he'd say,"sorry about that mate ,lets have a beer",ha,ha!. the last bit of advice from the rangers was send him an anonomous letter explaining the neighbourhoods concerns,jesus!!!!!!!!!!. i think its easier to just shut the front door!!

Archived