new citizenship application process

Guest src

howdy !!

bit confused here....appreciate if anyone can offer advise.

i am eligible to apply for citizenship (online app) on or after 27th Dec, 09. As per the new process this application is also for a citizenship test appointment. any idea how long will it take to get an appointment for the test ? I need to go overseas in Feb to attend my sister's marriage......just worried if the appointment/test date falls within my travel date.

appreciate any info abt the new citizenship process.......

cheers

Guest chris_mac
howdy !!

bit confused here....appreciate if anyone can offer advise.

i am eligible to apply for citizenship (online app) on or after 27th Dec, 09. As per the new process this application is also for a citizenship test appointment. any idea how long will it take to get an appointment for the test ? I need to go overseas in Feb to attend my sister's marriage......just worried if the appointment/test date falls within my travel date.

appreciate any info abt the new citizenship process.......

cheers

Hi SRC 689190

Welcome to poms in oz, you can access information about the progress of your online citizenship application at any time following lodgement. You will need to use your unique Transaction Reference Number (TRN) to do this which is provided once lodged.

If your trip does coincide with your the citizenship test it is not the end of the world, if your current visa has expired you just need to fill in a Resident return visa app which is on the link below.

Check the progress of an application

Australian Citizenship – Learn about citzenship

Best wishes

Chris

Hi,

I sat my Citizenship test earlier this year. I rang up to enquire and they were giving dates 6 weeks in advance (no longer), they actually gave me a couple of dates to choose from. The emailed me all the paperwork including the applications forms so that on completion of the test we could submit our application.

L;ike Ali we did ours this last year,, i did find different test centres had different waiting lists, if we wanted Brisbane we had to wait an extra 3 weeks, hence we opted for Gold Coast.

Ring and see which test centres are nearest to you and what the waiting time is at each one.

Good Luck

Cal x

all,

thx for the answers....i'm in melbourne which is busy as well and the wait time may be longer. I have valid visa to travel but if the test date coincides i will have to reschedule it which means waiting double the wait :-(

anyways thanks for your help

cheers

Archived