Hi to all..

touch107fm

Hi everyone just wanted to say a big hello. I was doing a some research into Australia as things have changed in my life in the last month.

I am a 29 year Irish male living in London I am currently working for the BBC as a Engineer. My girlfriend is a nurse and she recently went to OZ for 6 months. She wants to live in Oz for a couple of years. I wasn't to sure about heading over because I got a good job at the BBC. Well I got the biggest bombshell last Sunday week and I was told that my contract will be terminated on the 31st of December. :shocked: Not good I was in shock when they told me due to cost saving and a case of last in First out. I was up against guys who where there for 20 or 30 years.. So what is next, Girlfriend has just gone to oz + now I am just about to lose my job. Well trying to stay positive is my main aim. I got my experience and I am not afraid to turn my hand to whatever work comes my way. I realise that there is a major recession and people are losing there jobs left right and centre.

Now here is why the reason why i am here on this great site.

I have being to oz before on a working holiday visa loved it but could not get work in broadcast/media because of my visa restrictions. Now my girlfriend has always wanted to live in OZ. She is a nurses. So the plan we made about 1 year ago was for her to test the and live and work in Sydney in nursing. She is currently about 1 month into her 6 months. So as I said plans have changed, she now wants me to go out to her in Sydney and give living out there a go. I know I would love it but I am worried she will start to miss home and then want to move home after a year or so. So far she is loving it and she keeps saying that she is totally happy out there but she keeps says that she will not be completely happy until we are both together in Sydney. [/font]

So I have done a little homework and so has my girlfriend. She has a meeting with someone from work to talk about getting sponsored at her hospital and from what her adviser has told her I should be able to get a DE facto visa on the back of her visa.

Q. How long does it take to get sponsored, any other nurses in the same situation out there. Does it take longer to sponsored in OZ or outside OZ.[/font]

Q. If she is successful in getting sponsored can I apply for the DE facto visa straight away or even during her sponsorship application.

I have being doing some research and from what I have read you need to prove that you lived with each other for over 1 year and prove that you are in a real relationship. We lived with each other for 13 months and she has bills coming to that address, I am a little concerned that we will not be able to prove the exact 13 months. I have bank statements proving she deposited rent every months for the last 13 months. Her bank statements where redirected to our address about 12 months into her living with me.

For people who have being through the same situation what advise would you give to myself and my girlfriend in the run up to the whole VISA process.

I realise that different people have had different processing times but how long do you think it should take for the visa to be processed.

So many questions .... Thank you for taking the time to read my message. I look forward in hearing from you.

Guest siamsusie

Touch a very big welcome to you to PIO, you certainly have life thrown at you these past weeks, but you sound a very positive person and I am sure you will glean loads of professional and useful information from this site. Plkease keep us posted and I do hope its not too long before your partner and you are together again ss xx

Guest juliemtaylor

Hi just wanted to say Hello - have a word with Gill (Gollywobbler) on here, or contact one of the Migration Agents such as Go Matilda, George Lombard on here who can do a free assessment often to let you know what your options may be..

Julie x

Archived