Air-con

theonetruechris

Ooooh its getting a bit warm!

Any suggestions re: air con, I'm sitting in Melbourne with 2 fans blasting at me and a galileo thermometer on max (its British so it only goes up to 26 degrees). anyhoo since the house I'm in is rented and without air-con I'm not paying to have it installed so my options are portable air-con $400-600 or portable evaporative coolers $100 each.

Does anyone have any experience of either as we are getting a bit pissy in the heat.

Ta,

Guest siamsusie
Ooooh its getting a bit warm!

Any suggestions re: air con, I'm sitting in Melbourne with 2 fans blasting at me and a galileo thermometer on max (its British so it only goes up to 26 degrees). anyhoo since the house I'm in is rented and without air-con I'm not paying to have it installed so my options are portable air-con $400-600 or portable evaporative coolers $100 each.

Does anyone have any experience of either as we are getting a bit pissy in the heat.

Ta,

nice and refreshing chris

Honestly, I'd go the refridgerated a/c, evap doesn't work that well in humid weather.

And keep the water up, heat and alcohol can be very ugly the day after!! :D If worst comes to worst, get a powerade or gatorade into you, it'll help rehydrate you. <wink>

Melbourne = Humid, no evaporative will work there. They do work in places like Mt Isa or Broken Hill.

Only solution for you is a portable aircon.

I have 2 portable I use when I have visitors because the spare bedroom have no aircon. They are DeLongi like this one.

I find them very good, particularly because they rely on water to cool down the compressor/radiator and not only airflow. That makese them more efficient then the oterhs that use a conventional aircooled compressor

And for outdoors on theveranda you can get yourself one of these:

http://www.tradekey.com/product_view/id/40884.htm

Archived