Cant decide

Guest HappyTravels

Guest HappyTravels

Hi everyone

I really cant decide whether to return home to all the doom and gloom in England, or to try to get a job over here.

My Australian partner and I recently split, and I am not working. I was planning on getting a spouse visa but now that not an option.

I have been living here for over a year (in WA) and dont have that many friends. I have been applying for jobs, but no luck so far. Have been applying mostly in Perth (seems a more expat there) but Im not living there, and the fact I need sponsorship I think will go against me.

I was trying to stick it out until Xmas, but I am seriously unsure if it worth it. But if I return to England I dought Ill find work, and Im not sure if Ill be entitled to anything - and I really dont facy the idea of moving in with my parents.

However if I do go back I feel I will have missed out on an opportunity to get PR, and citizernship and that I wont ever be in a position to return.

FYI I work in Marketing / PR and have one year experience and a degree.

What would you do????

Thanks

Sounds like you've had a bad run of luck, commiserations. I can see why you'd be having a tough time getting work in PR/marketing in Perth - Sydney or Melbourne are the places to go for those areas. Perth is just too small, and the majority of big organisations are based in the eastern states.

Best of luck with things, I hope it looks up for you soon.

Guest HappyTravels

Do you think it would be worth applying for jobs in melbourne? I have seen quite a few in Perth but I am wondering who many other people are also applying for each job.

Perhaps I should apply for a few and see what result I get. Not working and not having many friends around is not a good combo - hence I am thinking I should just get out and return home before I get too down about it.

Guest Mucky Waters

I have been back in Brum for 3 months from 3 years in Perth, weather has helped as it has been pretty good....I miss Australia a little to be honest and will see how things go next year.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HappyTravels

I now know that I really, really want to stay in Australia!! Feel happy now knowing what I want.:jiggy:

I've been applying like mad for jobs in Perth, sneakily not saying that I want sponsorship in the hope they will love my application and then decide I'm worth the effort.

Ive also been doing some research on other cities and Melbourne appeals, but Sydney just seems way too expensive!

Funny how when things go wrong (like me giving up my job with sponsorship to work for now ex's business :mad:) it can actually help focus on what you want!

I just LOVE the warm weather, the beaches and although I love England and my friends over there - I REALLY want to stay!

Figure's Crossed!!

Guest HappyTravels

I wasnt actually on the spouce visa, but that's what I was hoping to do. So now I am looking for a sponsor so I can stay on a 457 visa.

I really hope that I find one!

Archived