Living/schools in Albany Creek?

Guest JmKm

We have just had our visa's approved and are now 'all systems go' to get over to Brisbane by June next yr. I have been looking at areas / schools as we have 2 children who will be aged 10 and 7 by the time we get there, and like the look of Albany Creek.

Is there anyone who lives/knows this or the surrounding areas and can let me know of good schools and whether it is a good place to be!

Really looking forward to living our OZ dream.....

Thanks

Jackie and Kevin :yes:

Guest marcharnold

Hi

Albany Creek is great for schools/day cares and the area is very community oriented. We are not far from the city, amongst some lovely trees, close to great restaurants and sporting facilities.

What age are the kids?

Guest Nik1969

Hi Jackie/Kevin,

Abany Creek is a nice place to bring up the kids, etc. Other suburbs you could maybe look at via www.realestate.com.au are Eatons Hill (I live here), Everton Park, Ferny Hills. Nearest train station to Albany creelk would be Strathpine, although there is a good bus route in the area. Train from Strathpine to CBD will take approx 40 mins, bus about an hour. Cab will cost around $40.

Link to school ALBANY CREEK STATE SCHOOL HOME PAGE

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

Nik

Nik,

Thanks for this... great to hear from people who live in the area! I will look at the other areas suggested and school.

Thanks again

Jackie

• 1 month later...
Guest liamandsaff

Hi Jackie,

We lived in Warner for 10months and our kids have just finished at Albany Hills State School (yrs 6 and 7) as we've moved to the Sunshine Coast. I can really recommend the place. Our Kids missed a year of schooling as we were traveling and were slightly behind anyway as we'd come from NZ and the system there works at a different level in the early years. My kids aren't super bright but they are not dummies either, and with the support of their teachers soon crept their way up and really did well. The school has just been awarded as the best primary school in QLD. It is pretty academically orientated but certainly has opportunities for kids with other interests to pursue them. If i had to choose again then i wouldn't hesitate to send them there.

Good luck - hope you find something that suits.

Merry Christmas

Saff

Saff,

Thanks for your reply, it is reasuring to hear from someone who has 'experienced' the area and schools. Hope you are enjoying your life on the Sunshine Coast!

Thanks again, can't wait to get there now!

Merry Christmas

Jackie

Archived