City & Guilds

HI

Not sure why but I think I heard that a City & Guilds qualification doesnt apply in Austraila.

We have been rejected for skilled visa as neither of us have an acutal qualification, but we are both going to go to college to get our relevant qualifications. OH is a care mechanic and seems the only qualification he can get is a city & guilds. He doesnt want to do the course if it then means we still in the same situation.

Any help or advice would be great

thanks

mandy

Guest kelly

hi mandy my hubby has city and guilds and it is recognised in oz, but they focus much more on experience, im sure someone else will give you more details than i can though

best of luck

kelly

Guest thepriceclan

Hi Mandy, my OH has City & Guilds qualifications as he is a Chef but for his TRA they looked more at his experience in his trade. He failed his TRA the first time as he didn't go into enough detail of his really early training and jobs which is what they seem to want. They need to know that you can do the basics of your trade.

Hope this helps.

Sarah

Any international qualification is recognised e.g. City & Guilds, e.g. credit/RPL for study transfer under AQF but for skills assessment you require experience or demonstrable competence in a particular vocation comparable to Australia. That is why experience is important and now included in many study programmes, especially vocation, to aid migration applications.

Archived