IELTS!!!... should i apply for a remark?

Guest tears82

Guest tears82

i need 7x4 for my visa

i took 3 ielts tests

1st

Reading 7.5

Listening 7.0

Writing 6.0

Speaking 6.0

2nd

Reading 7.5

Listening 8.0

Writing 6.5

Speaking 6.5

3rd

Reading 9.0

Listening 7.0

Writing 7.0

Speaking 6.5 <==damn it!

and now i'm thinking of remark

but i'm no so sure about the general percentage of success.

would it be better to re-sit the test or

to apply for a remark?

is the possibility low? or many people found the result to be successful?

i want some general comments on the remark

Guest nutsuknow

Hi tears,

I sat my IELTS this year and was lead to believe you needed a minimum score of 6.0 in all areas so scratching my head with this one. you meantioned you needed min 7.0 in all areas, but don't they take into consideration where you scored 9.0 in reading to compensate for your 6.5 in speaking which gives you overall better score across the board. Might be worth asking them the question.

Which IELTS test did you sit general or advance?

• 2 weeks later...
i need 7x4 for my visa

i took 3 ielts tests

1st

Reading 7.5

Listening 7.0

Writing 6.0

Speaking 6.0

2nd

Reading 7.5

Listening 8.0

Writing 6.5

Speaking 6.5

3rd

Reading 9.0

Listening 7.0

Writing 7.0

Speaking 6.5 <==damn it!

and now i'm thinking of remark

but i'm no so sure about the general percentage of success.

would it be better to re-sit the test or

to apply for a remark?

is the possibility low? or many people found the result to be successful?

i want some general comments on the remark

My sister had to re-sit the test. Being a nurse you have to score I think its 7 in each area, my sister overscored in 3 areas and was half a point short in one, she had to re-sit the test (they don't do an overall average). Please note, to work as a nurse in Oz you have to sit an academic IELTS test to prove your English, my sister missed this and sat the other IELTS test instead!!!

So shes in Oz now and having to re-sit the academic one before she can work as a nurse, very frustrating for her because she sat two tests in the UK. Please just make sure the test your sitting is academic. Good luck. :v_SPIN:

Guest Magnetic6

Hi tears82

I've read on here that people have requested a remark but i don't know the outcome, if you use the search option they may have posted how they got on? On a positve note your marks are certainly improving but i can imagine it must be very frustrating!

Good luck x

Guest scottndina

I think that you have a good chance to get a 7 on the re-mark since the speaking section can be subjective, but.... the problem is that it takes a long time for the remark to be considered. So you could write another time $$ and have the result before hearing back on the remark. Stick with it!!

• 1 month later...
Guest ufcpride

yeah!!

well i have some good news....

my first test...

Speaking - 9.0

Reading - 6.5

Listening - 9.0

Writing - 7.5

so i failed as i also needed a minimum of 7 in each element. I had a moan at the test center who told me my Reading element was marked down, as although i had the correct answers, my spelling was wrong...:wacko:

my second test

Speaking - 9.0

Reading - 7.5

Listening - 8.5

Writing - 6.5

so this time i failed again, although i know i took extra care with my spelling. I also read that the Writing element is also marked on creativity, and that its a little easier to get a remark...

so i sent off my £60, explaining that i had passed that element in a previous exam, and that the fact that i had writing an RPL for the Australian Computer Society and passed, i was a little miffed at the decision...

they told me i'd have to wait 8 weeks and that it would be quicker to pay £100 and resit the test...

i think that my own stubbornness got the better of me and i decided to take the risk with the remark...

well, on Xmas eve i got my result back, i didn't get the half mark that i needed, my new mark had increased by a whole 1 point!! so i now have 7.5 for writing and passed!! yeah....

So to all those who are worried about remarks, i suggest that if you failed Writing, then send off your £60, as you may get lucky!!:jiggy:

Guest scottndina

NICE! +1 for being stubborn and making them remark it. AND you got the result... bonus!

UFCPRIDE... hmmm guess you know about UFC110 in Sydney... gonna be huge, got tickets :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest keitho1234

hi do you think that i should get mine remarked i got

8.5 speaking

8.5 listening

7.5 writing

6.5 reading

need a 7 in all to pass?

Archived