Email & MSN

ali

Guest lorraine1627

Hi

Just been reading the posts is it Ok for the younger ones to give their email addresses and msn details on the private messages. I have a 14yr old and 13 yr old and was hoping that they could chat to others of a similar age before we move so that they would have contacts when we finally get to perth

I worry myself that they are chatting to the right people and not ones trying to take advantage but it would be ashame if they couldnt chat

Thanks

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine,

yes we encourage any swopping of email and msn addresses to be done via the pm facility. We obviously can't gaurentee who's on and people can browse the forum without being members, so it's just one small way to try to safe guard the younger members

Ali

• 3 weeks later...
Guest birda

How do we know that young members are really who they say? Could we accidently send PM to somebody who is pretending to be a child?

Aimee

• 2 months later...
Guest Bethanyy.x.

Thanks for the advice.. the e-mail address is my mum and dads and my mum was pleased someone is trying to keep the younger members safe.. :smile::smile:

• 5 months later...
Guest PommieLady

:policeman: Don't want to be alarmist but same goes for pictures not only of young children but adolescents too. Make sure that they are not accessible to all and sundry, that includes parents posting pics of their kids on sites like PIO and other public forums too.

:wubclub:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Ozzie,

If you put on your email addy on the forum then anyone can contact you, not just people who are members of this site. Sometimes, people can leave very nasty messages for people, and also pretend that they are also your age to get information from you. Are your parents members of the forum? If they are, make sure you show them any messages that you get through the private message part of the site ... if they're not members, show them the forum and my reply to you - they'll probably talk to you about internet safety.

It's fine to say that you want to chat to people .. just make sure mum and dad know what you're doing.

Ali

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Hi

Good piece of advice ali ... appreciated ...

but at the same time ... you can post your facebook address here ... since its quite safer than that of other stuff .... if U like U dont add the person ... we all come to know about other person's intentions in a chat or two ...

Thanks & Take care

Rana

No, you cannot post your Facebook info on this forum. Please read the forum rules on this.

Archived