Moving to Melbourne.

KarlPullin1980

Hello I have recently been offered a job with the woods accident repair group and im looking to move to Melbourne around september time next year. I know this may seem a long way off but I was after some help and advice if possible on where to live. Other people in my postion on here have families and children to consider but i am a single male so didnt really want to live in a family orintated area as i would feel like the odd 1 out lol. Any help would be very much appriciated. thankyou

Guest GillianM

Congratulations on being offered the job. Sorry i cant help you as i have kids but they are 17 and 13. My son is 18 but isnt coming with us. My OH also was offered a job with Woods. Dont know when we wil get there due to the changes on 23rd Sept, we have SS for Victoria and have applied for a 176 visa, hope it will be good news and we will get there start next year.

Gillian

As a single person I would recommend you live in the inner suburbs close to the CBD. However it depends where you will be working really. Melbourne is such a vast area that until you know where you will be its difficult to help you.

Inner areas popular with single people are South Yarra, Richmond, Southbank, Fitzroy, Collingwood, Prahran, Ascotvale, North Melbourne, CBD itself. Going a little further out St Kilda Elwood .

If you have a look at realestate.com.au you can get an idea of rental prices.

If you want to share there are usually lots of ads looking for people.

Hey thankyou very much for the advice, I dont know where i will be based as yet will find out roughly 4 weeks before i depart. My intention was to house share but i thought i would have to live on my own for the 1 couple a months till i get sorted with work and also i dont think peopl e would be keen on house sharing with someone they havent met and has just arrived. (this is what i have been lead to believe) I may be wrong?

Hey thankyou very much for the advice, I dont know where i will be based as yet will find out roughly 4 weeks before i depart. My intention was to house share but i thought i would have to live on my own for the 1 couple a months till i get sorted with work and also i dont think peopl e would be keen on house sharing with someone they havent met and has just arrived. (this is what i have been lead to believe) I may be wrong?

Check out The Gumtree Share Accommodation in Melbourne - Gumtree Free Classifieds - 1 there is a fair bit of itinerant movement and I wouldnt think people would be too bothered about sharing with someone newly arrived - as long as you dont drape your undies in the bathroom, I think they might be a bit put off by that!

Archived