? Northern Beaches quality of life

Guest quigs

We are interested in living on the northern beaches but don't know where yet. We want to be near a good beache but close to amenities and clubs etc for the kids but not in the centre of Manly too touristy. Does anyone have any advice or experience of the Northern Beaches?

How busy do the roads get, are people friendly what do you think of Queenscliff or Freshwater?

How difficult is it commuting from say Freshwater to Mosman?

What is the worst thing about living on the northern beaches?

Any feedback would be great

thanks

We loved the Northern beaches, so much so that we're thinking of returning.

We lived in Manly before, we'll probably go back there.

A commute from Freshy to Mosman is going to be by bus. I'm not sure of the frequency, but i'm pretty sure you'll need to get an early one to get a seat on the way in.

We're looking at Dee Why and Collaroy, you get a bit more for your buck, but you sacrifice nice restaurants etc.

Having lived in Manly for the last 12 months, and scoping out the beaches further north, I'd say the biggest draw back would be there is a lack of public transport. If there were a train line it would make a lot of difference. But there isn't.

The ferry from Manly goes to Circular Quay, so you'd have to get one there and then one back to mosman. This makes the bus the only option.

Not sure if that's been any help at all!!

Ben.

Thanks Dee Why sounds very nice we have thought of it but are concerned we will be too far out, thats why we thought Freshwater would be a good compromise. Everything will depend on which school and which part of town my husband will be in.

yeah it is quite a way out. only about 5 mins further on by car from Freshy.

ha ha, you're going to have to get used to shortening everything and ending it with a 'y' or an 'o'.

Truck driver - trucky

Motor cyclist - bikey

Paddington - paddo

darlinghurst - darlo

enjoy it there.

• 3 weeks later...

we're in north narrabeen it takes my OH just over an hr by bus into sydney- depending on traffic- but it's worth it to come home to this beautiful area- lakes, beaches, kids clubs, good schools, friendly people...

Archived