Sponsorship Requirements

imaxx

hello. i am new here, but not new in migration to oz as i had lodged my 175 application in Dec 2007, paper based using an agent (off shore not MARA). I am on CSL and from HR country. I had been frustrated seeing CSL 2009 applicants getting their visas. According to my agent, she called DIAC in April 09 and was told to wait for the email of the CO. She took this as a sign that I had been allocated a CO. My meds and pcc were frontloaded (pcc expired a few days ago :sad:) and there has been no contact until this time. I tried calling up DIAC last week but was given limited info since i am not authorized to communicate with them. I was also told that there were no record of calls from my agent, communication were all through emails. I think she must be lying to me and I am losing my trust on her. I had requested her to confirm if my papers were marked CSL (im an accountant btw) but until now there is no proof whatsoever. A PLE in Feb this year only got a generic reply. Doesn't DIAC log calls on our files?

I dont want to leave any stone unturned. I want to go for a state sponsorship to move me up the priority.

QUESTION: Is it a requirement that I should be currently employed when i apply for an SS? I lost my job due to recession and I am only doing part time home based jobs, hoping that the visa will be soon. Will I qualify? Btw, I turned 45 last year, a few months after lodging.

Can anyone please give me some input or advise on what to do?

Thank you in advance.

Guest eurosyl

Hi imaxx,

Welcome to PiO :D

I saw your timeline earlier today on the other board and I was wondering why your case had not progressed yet. I think you should chase your agent to chase your case. She at least can inform and confirm to you what your current status is, and when no CO is allocated yet, she must inquire why not. I do know you met the IELTS criteria, so I think someone should tickle DIAC.

As you can read in this thread: non-sponsored CSL applications are being allocated and considering your time of application, someone should be working on your case. Time to put your agent to work!

Good luck,

Sylvia

Hi imaxx,

Welcome to PiO :D

I saw your timeline earlier today on the other board and I was wondering why your case had not progressed yet. I think you should chase your agent to chase your case. She at least can inform and confirm to you what your current status is, and when no CO is allocated yet, she must inquire why not. I do know you met the IELTS criteria, so I think someone should tickle DIAC.

As you can read in this thread: non-sponsored CSL applications are being allocated and considering your time of application, someone should be working on your case. Time to put your agent to work!

Good luck,

Sylvia

hi sylvia, thanks for the welcome and the link...

precisely the reason why i am utterly frustrated because there is no progress. i had often been told in different forums that since everything is frontloaded, i may just get a grant straightaway. but since agent cannot give me any thing rather than "let's wait", i am totally clueless and groping in the dark, while visas for CSLs are flying out of the window of DIAC for 2009 applicants.

yes, i am chasing my agent, i guess she is as pissed of with me now, as I am with her. daily messages, emails that go unanswered or simply "i'll update you later".

today, a friend i referred to my agent, who filed Sept 08, same nominated occupation, got her visa Oct 9. the more frustrated i became :arghh:

thanks again...hope to get mine very soon.

Guest eurosyl

I think there is enough evidence that things are not progressing as expected and in line with other applications. At least she should be able to tell you if (and when) an CO has been allocated. Condsidering you're an applicant from HR country, it is indeed possible that so much time is taken up with checks. BUT in that case DIAC will confirm that. Ask her to produce correspondence with DIAC (proof of the lodged PLE + answer) to get an idea whether you are being led on or not.

I think you should ask your agent exactly what steps have been taken to bring your application to DIAC's attention. If she does not answer to your satisfaction, and your application has been lodged and apparently the added value of the agent is non-existent, you could consider finalizing your case yourself. In that case talk to your agent about options to terminate your agreement with her, sent the required documents to DIAC to make you the authorised recipient for communication with DIAC and handle your case further yourself (or find an agent that is a bit more pro-active).

(Of course you could make the suggestion of terminating the contract with her as a means of pressure).

Cheers,

Sylvia

I think there is enough evidence that things are not progressing as expected and in line with other applications. At least she should be able to tell you if (and when) an CO has been allocated. Condsidering you're an applicant from HR country, it is indeed possible that so much time is taken up with checks. BUT in that case DIAC will confirm that. Ask her to produce correspondence with DIAC (proof of the lodged PLE + answer) to get an idea whether you are being led on or not.

I think you should ask your agent exactly what steps have been taken to bring your application to DIAC's attention. If she does not answer to your satisfaction, and your application has been lodged and apparently the added value of the agent is non-existent, you could consider finalizing your case yourself. In that case talk to your agent about options to terminate your agreement with her, sent the required documents to DIAC to make you the authorised recipient for communication with DIAC and handle your case further yourself (or find an agent that is a bit more pro-active).

(Of course you could make the suggestion of terminating the contract with her as a means of pressure).

Cheers,

Sylvia

hi again. i had been asking agent proofs of correspondence. she has forwarded to me a reply to PLE in July and was requested to file Form 1022, change of circumstance. she insists it was from the CO. does CO reply to PLEs? i dont think so. she said i have been allocated a CO, that was when I asked her to call DIAC. She was told by the operator to wait for the email from the CO, but until now we havent received any. i got suspicious because from my call to DIAC, operator said there were no record of calls only email communications. i had also instructed her to tell me each and every step she takes on my application. in fact, i reminded her the clause in our signed agreement that she should enteratin me enquiries by phone, email or fax.

i had thought of dropping her, but i got an advise from an RMA in another board..here is what he said:

in situations like yours i would probably keep your agent and keep transacting through them. My reasons are:

1. from what you say you appear to be at the end of your timeline.

2. if you terminate your agents contracts you will be required to pay their fees. you will loose acccess to any conditional refund of fees if for some reason the application is refused.

3. there is probably not more your agent can do that you can do.

at this point, i feel that if i threaten my agent to terminate the contract, she would agree right away. i had been chasing her a^% for the past weeks now. and she would surely think i am a good riddance :biglaugh:

now i dont want to leave any stone unturned and if getting a sponsorhip will nudge DIAC and my agent to expedite my application, then i'd do it....

thanks for being so helpful syl :smile:

Archived