1 year working visa

BIG SUR

I have just applied & paid for a subclass 417 working visa form. I'm a time served Mechanical fitter & hope to find employment in this field.

Is the 417 the correct type of visa for me to work in this sector?

I hope to find full time employment and if all goes well eventually apply for residency.

Any help with this i'd be very grateful for.

Thanks

Scott

I have just applied & paid for a subclass 417 working visa form. I'm a time served Mechanical fitter & hope to find employment in this field.

Is the 417 the correct type of visa for me to work in this sector?

I hope to find full time employment and if all goes well eventually apply for residency.

Any help with this i'd be very grateful for.

Thanks

Scott

Hi Scott,

As far as I'm aware you can work in any sector on a WHV, providing you have the appropriate Australian qualifications required for the job. Some jobs specify that you are a permanent resident or citizen, I've found these mostly to be govt roles.

You can only work for 6months maximum with the same employer on this visa so that's something to be mindful of too.

So, are you hoping to find sponsorship?

Lisa

Guest Laura G

You can lodge for a 457 from a 417 in Australia if you can find a job sponsor and meet the new requirements.

DIAC as really tightened up on these visa's

Your employer has to offer you a minimum wage of $45,220.00 + 9% Super, but at the same time he cannot offer you this salary and yet pay other members of staff in the same role less.

Employers have to send DIAC a lot of paperwork including their financials.

Laura G

Education Agent

QEACE287

Archived