migration open days

KarenG

I was sent this e-mail today:

The State Governments of South Australia, Victoria and Western Australia, supported by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) are hosting a free Migration Open Day for people who are 44 years old or younger and have skills and qualifications in the following occupation areas:

- Doctors

- Nurses

- Allied Health Professionals

- Engineers

- Information Technology Professionals

The Open Day is your chance to meet with government officials and attend a series of seminars that will be on offer throughout the day. Service providers such as ourselves will be there to discuss your personalised migration requirements, along with removals, currency exchange and pension transfers.

This is an invite only event and you must register at the website below if you would like to attend. Successful candidates will be e-mailed directly with venue details and further joining information.

Due to the high demand for places we regret that we can only invite those people who are eligible to migrate.

For more information visit: australianstates.co.uk or check the attached flyer for further details on partners attending.

• 3 weeks later...
I was sent this e-mail today:

The State Governments of South Australia, Victoria and Western Australia, supported by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) are hosting a free Migration Open Day for people who are 44 years old or younger and have skills and qualifications in the following occupation areas:

- Doctors

- Nurses

- Allied Health Professionals

- Engineers

- Information Technology Professionals

The Open Day is your chance to meet with government officials and attend a series of seminars that will be on offer throughout the day. Service providers such as ourselves will be there to discuss your personalised migration requirements, along with removals, currency exchange and pension transfers.

This is an invite only event and you must register at the website below if you would like to attend. Successful candidates will be e-mailed directly with venue details and further joining information.

Due to the high demand for places we regret that we can only invite those people who are eligible to migrate.

For more information visit: australianstates.co.uk or check the attached flyer for further details on partners attending.

We received one of these emails as well and were wondering whether it was worth going. We have a permanent residency visa but plans (to move to Melbourne) are on hold, as we are not sure about the job situation. Just wondering if this email went to everyone or whether it is directed only at people on the list of professions given. There is one quite local to us, so we may go and have a nosy. The only thing that bothers me in these sorts of events is hard-selling. The thought of being hassled by removals and pensions firms for the full 2 hours, without actually finding much out about jobs is not appealing. Not much to lose either though I guess. Are you going to go to one, if so, which one?

Cheers

Hey, i went to one of those early this year in manchester. They do look like they are directed at the specific skill sets specified. No real hard sell from anyone, the regions give you an overview of the areas, towns and job opportunities but not much more. Got loads of paper based info i'd already found myself on their websites and off here, but thats about it. They give out sponsorship forms if you're on their skill wanted lists and take some details and that seems about it.

I wasnt sure how i was going to get over and stay in oz, but with all the shifting on the processing priorities im looking at getting sponsored by an employer. Going next year for 6 months to hopefully find somewhere i like with a company that likes me! :laugh:

TRA was in the process of being done when i went to the expo so i left with not much learnt, apart from maybe considering more regions to settle. If your looking at getting sponsored by a region its well worth the visit because they all seemed desperate to get us lot with skills they want over, just dont know why the immigration lot are so determined to keep us out!

Archived