Any one wrote a work experience Statatory Decleration.

Carlos fandango

I'm self-employed in the construction industry and think I need to include, amongst other things, a stat dec when I submit my application for a Visa. Question is..... what to write.... are there any templates around or could some kind person give a clue as to what they wrote in their own stat dec.

Cheers

Carlos

Guest Garth and Jen

Carlos,

I have asked the same question. Hopefully someone will reply with a positive reply.

Best of luck

Garth

Hi Carlos

I had to write a stat dec for one of my ex jobs (as advised by my agent) when applying as I was unable to get one from my previous boss, I basically just had to write what my daily tasks were and how they related to my nominated skill (IT), then i had to get a statement of employment from the HR dept which stated the dates i worked there, although i dont suppose you'll need one of them with you been self employed! if you private message me your email i will send you a copy of mine to look at.

Best of luck

Claire

right...im a self-emplyed bricklayer and ive just done a stat dec a few mths back, basically you have to write about everything you do in your trade, imagine that vettassess or T.R.A know nothing at all about your line of work, tell them what hand tools you use, tell them what power tools you use, tell them about different types of jobs youve been on but go into as much detail as you can (detail is very important) youve got to make them believe that you know what your talking about, being a bricklayer i told them about new-build houses, extensions, building conservatries, different types of bond i can do, fitting tie-wires, fitting lintels, concreting footings for garden walls. Mate youve got to go over the top in detail, it will take a while so be prepared to do some work...mine was about 8 pages long...good luck

Archived