If 176 not a going, how easy to get 475?

cazmayo

Hi guys,

The news of the lengthy delay in the processing of the 176 visa has me checking out all other routes to Oz. I will of course wait until the 20th Oct to hear if it is indeed the case that it will be end of 2012 - 2013 to be processed (mental!).

We have been in Oz on a 475 (temp employer sponsorship) some 10 years ago, but didnt really want to move the family over on a temp visa (3 kids, house to sell etc) and wanted the security of PR this time around.

My question is, is there agencies that match your skills to an employer that is willing to sponsor? How long to receive visa(is it still 3 months?).

Just think we could go on a 457 and apply for a 176 in the meantime.

Anyone thinking similar?

cheers Caz

Guest wanderer

Caz,

Yes, harder times re immigration but there's not much point attracting people here only for them to arrive and find the future is not so good re job prospects.

The immigration site itself has a Skills Matching Database you could put an entry on if you have not already but you do need to have a visa application in.

Skill Matching Database (SMD)

And then other than scanning employment sites like www.careerone.com.au , www.seek.com.au you could search out larger companies that would be looking for the skills you have and then if it is a profession, look up the relevant association site for some of them often have vacancies listed as do all the government departments, federal, sate and local government [councils].

If you find a sponsor, it could also be of benefit to see if ENS was to be applicable for then you get a PR straight off whereas the 457 has you in some level of uncertainty, ie. your visa is only as good as maintaining work/sponsorship.

The 475 with state nomination will not have any more priority than a 176 according to http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-priority-processing.pdf

Hi Wanderer,

Thanks for your reply. I thought employer sponsorship was given priority 1m is a 475 not included in that class? Its only ENS visas?

We have previously lived in Perth for 3 years, and now want to return, recession or no recession, its our long term goal. We are still in contact with work contacts who have immediate work but not large enough company to sponsor. We dont mind waiting 12 months but 3 years of a wait before they even look at the application seems forever. Money is tight due to the recession, and therefore do not want to tie up money for 3 years or more on a maybe. The money is better in our own pocket in these times.

Hubbie is in full time work and therefore is very fortunate as the construction industry here in Ireland is dead and we have 12.8% unemployment. However we still want to return to Perth, its just a pity we decide this in the middle of a recession:arghh:.

Thanks again.

Cheers Caz

Guest wanderer

Caz,

The 475 is a sponsored visa for regional areas, either with family sponsorship or by state nomination which is also referred to as sponsorship but either way no priority or far less than ENS/RSMS Employer sponsorship.

It may be the 457 Employer Sponsorship you are thinking of that you have done previously, same numbers!

Hi Caz,

I've applied for a 176 and am interested to know what is happening on 20th October? another anouncement perhaps, the three year wait has completely crushed me and any glimmer of hope would be much appreciated.

Cheers Forbes

Hi Wanderer, Oh yes its a 457!!! That would be some blunder!!! Thanks for pointing that out (that serves me right being on here at all hours of the morning:biggrin:).

Hi Forbes, There is a government meeting on the 20th October, and the immigration minister will have to answer to government in regards to his latest changes to the 175/176 visas. There has been alot of complaints that he keeps messing with the process causing lots of hardship both financially and timewise to people.

We are all hoping that the timeline for the visa will revert back to 12 months or slightly longer, but not 3 years.

Roll on 20th October!

Cheers Caz

Guest sassygal

We are all hoping that the timeline for the visa will revert back to 12 months or slightly longer, but not 3 years.

Roll on 20th October!

Cheers Caz

oh god I wouldnt hold my breath for it to be reverted back,,,,,bloody fab if it was tho, there are other changes due regarding other visas due too such as student visas, if anything its only going to get harder to get in, in my view. I am on holiday too when all this happens....I wasnt planning on logging in here when I should be on the beach, but I will be to see what changes lie afoot:arghh:

crossing everything for good news

Guest wanderer

Hi again Caz,

Hi Forbes, There is a government meeting on the 20th October, and the immigration minister will have to answer to government in regards to his latest changes to the 175/176 visas. There has been alot of complaints that he keeps messing with the process causing lots of hardship both financially and timewise to people.

Our gov. here is very much like you guys have, actually modelled on it, the westminster system as they say, but no Lords here.

As such, just like the House of Commons where they all try and take the p*ss out of oneanother, much the same here and they have daily question times in both the H of R and the Senate and they are times where the opposition can ask questions of Ministers and the Ministers usually try to slip the answer back as a speech on how poorly the opposition did when in government - worse than a Kindergaten and we pay these mongrels heaps.

Where the real governance occurs is with the departments and the public service, elected governments deciding on policies, usually based on public service advice and then where needed legislation is enacted or Ministers can give directions for variations as existing legislation allows.

And so as such, you have ministers meeting with department heads/advisors and others quite regularly, as is the government meeting at Cabinet, Party and House/Senate levels quite regularly too.

But I'm not too sure what this October 20 government meeting is and do you have a link to it.

There has been a bit of a ruckus of late re overseas students and what happens once they are here re courses etc., and they are looking at what is necessary there, a lot of stuff outside of the jurisdiction of immigration actually.

And the immigration site does mention how things like the SOL, MODL etc. are regularly reviewed, the state governments with their own legislation in place may also review what they do re occupations to have on their nomination lists, and all that is to account for what economic and employments situations /trends are.

So I'd be interested to see what this meeting actually is.

Guest Jamie Smith

My question is, is there agencies that match your skills to an employer that is willing to sponsor?

Hello Caz

Yes, Hire A Migrant was set up for just that purpose, to seek out employers willing to sponsor migrants.

Archived