457 Query. Moving from Glasgow to Perth WA (hopefully)!

Nats

Hi everyone,

I registered on this site months ago now, but Im not really sure how to navigate around so bear with me ...

Anyway, our situation (myself and hubby) is this - I have been accepted onto a graduate programme commencing 1st Feb 2010 at a hospital in Perth. Having just qualified as a nurse here in the UK and having just recently got married - my application was delayed for some time whilst awaiting new paperwork etc

I am doing all this through an agent/agency (IPA) - they have forwarded documents for a 'nomination for 457 sponsored visa' which I have completed & returned with all necessary docs (passport copies, job descript and contract of employment). So what happens now?? It would seem everyone on here knows a thing or two about the visa application process - I haven't got a clue ... I simply complete whichever documents are sent my way, but we're now worried (having read many threads on here) that the process can be quite lengthy. We're about to sell our home but reluctant to purchase flights just incase we dont meet the deadline - obviously we'd like to get organised and find somewhere to rent in Perth, but not sure quite what to do now. Also, noone said anything to me about medicals etc - it is mentioned in my contract that I have to satisfy medical requirements but does this happen on arrival in Australia or do I have to organise it at this end??

And ... I am due to sit the IELTS in October.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Natalie x

Archived