Help please! Sending a single piece of furntiure!!!

Poca&Dan

This is a bit random but does anyone know if it is possible to send over a single piece of furntiure to Oz and if so how would I do it?

We are selling all that we own as it is not worth the amount to ship over, however I have an old chair, prob about 100years old, worthless, but was my great grandma's chair. It is just a lovely piece of furniture and the only thing I am really sad about parting with.

I obviously wouldn't sell it, I would just give it back to whichever family member wanted it, but tbh I would really like to take it with me! It isn't very big, not really even sure what sort of chair it is?

Anyway, is there anyway I can send it across? Can you send large wooden boxes across? (That may be a really simple and silly question - but I just don't know?!) If so we could put a few other items in the box?

Anyway any suggestions/help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!:unsure:

If it can't be taken apart and shipped in a small box (and the guess is at 100 years old you'd rather not get the screwdriver out) the best way is to go groupage. This involves contacting a removals company (like Crown Relocations or any other reputable company) and telling them the situation (they may want to come out and have a look at it themselves). They'll take it away with the notion of putting it in with someone else who has space left in their container (they may have only used 50% of their container and be open to lowering their own costs). You may have to wait a tad longer 'til the right container comes up on their list but it shouldn't be a problem.

Archived