References for rentals in Perth ?

Dawn75

Hi, when we arrive in Perth next yr we are lucky to have friends to stay with for a few weeks till container arrives but wanted to know what references do they ask for when you apply to rent somewhere ? If my OH doesnt secure a job before coming over etc ? Can we use refs from mortgage co here etc ?

I did a search on this after I posted and a few people in past have answered b4 saying about using bank statements showing you have enough money for couple months rent or more. Plus using work refs you had for the visa application. So I suppose anything you have like that will help. If you search on this forum for references it brings up some old posts. Hope that helps a bit .

Guest Guest31881
Hi, when we arrive in Perth next yr we are lucky to have friends to stay with for a few weeks till container arrives but wanted to know what references do they ask for when you apply to rent somewhere ? If my OH doesnt secure a job before coming over etc ? Can we use refs from mortgage co here etc ?

Hi,

We rent and found that any bank or mortgage references help. also if you can afford to offer to pay 6 months in advance, I think this speaks louder than referances with the agents.

Guest patience

I read on another post that they had to provided references from their neighbours!

Mine are about to peg it on one side so I wouldn't want to put them to the trouble, and on the other we don't mix as we have nothing in common and don't feel comfortable asking them!

Check out the reiwa website there is a form to fill in and it gives some info in what you need . This is our 4th rental so have a git of knowhow, they will ask for your employers , contacts etc last rentals if any , references from 2 australian addresses just pick mates or work mates etc then its down to the owners , some weeks rent down can sway some owners. I know that around Kallaroo , and other nor burbs it seems a renters market , a lot of properties on the market ,could be due to the first time buyers grant and a lot of peeps movin into their new houses ,keep alook for break leases , I`ve got a feelin there will defo be one in MIndarie at the end of the year :-(

Guest patience

Can u tell me please what is a break lease?

Check out the reiwa website there is a form to fill in and it gives some info in what you need . This is our 4th rental so have a git of knowhow, they will ask for your employers , contacts etc last rentals if any , references from 2 australian addresses just pick mates or work mates etc then its down to the owners , some weeks rent down can sway some owners. I know that around Kallaroo , and other nor burbs it seems a renters market , a lot of properties on the market ,could be due to the first time buyers grant and a lot of peeps movin into their new houses ,keep alook for break leases , I`ve got a feelin there will defo be one in MIndarie at the end of the year :-(

Can u tell me please what is a break lease?

Hi

A break lease is when such as we are renting for 6 monthsfrom 7th august up to feb 7th feb .We are havin a house built , if it is ready before that time (fingers toes etc crossed it is not) we will have to pay mortgage and rent , as we are with keystart (wa govt mortgage we only pay 200 bucks a month. We then have to ask th agents to put the rental on the market before the end of the 6 months lease ,we have to pay for marketing etc ( another kerching ripoff) and pay up to another tenant takin it over. If the lease is a long ish one the rents are sometimes low as they cannot put it on the market above the price of the current contract

Guest brickie001

hi there yorkiepom educate me a bit more as in whens ur house built n completed and whats u living in now beds ? baths ? reason i ask is we fly out soon n quite fancy a rental in mindarie lol i want it cheap from one yorkie to another like and where the hell is kimmy only one i can think of is rotherham way what do i know iam donny scum .cheers if u do reply

Archived