I don't know where to start?!

Woofyhugger

Guest itskaren
Thanks again SRP.

Now I have to get funds ready for the passports which will no doubt cost a bit, and then the fun task of saving as much cash as I can for the move. I would like to head over with as much money as possible.

I have some friends in Manchester, so that will likely be where I go. Birmingham a close second. Also, said friends have offered some share accommodation in Manchester for as long as I need to get settled. That may help with initial costs of living. I work as a nurse, so finding work shouldn't be too difficult in the health field.

Cheers!

Matt

If I were you I would start preparations on applying for nurse registration in the UK. The Nursing and Midwifery council (MMC) have a webite with all the details on how to apply. the registration is 3 yearly so I would 'start the ball rolling' if i were you! good luck.

• 1 year later...
I would think the most important thing you need to do is get a passport!:wink:

All the information you need for a UK one is here:

How to apply

If I were you I would also get Australian citizenship and an Australian passport before going anywhere as you may not like the UK.

If you leave Australia without an Aussie passport/citizenship you will need a RRV (resident return visa) but not sure how you go about applying for one.

I couldn't agree more with LondonGal's advice!! You might think you've had your fill of Oz, but take it from 'one who's been down that road' that the day will surely come when you'll start to pine to go back - and this could easily be years up the line, but it's as sure as eggs, because once you've lived in Oz for a long time, she's not easily forgotten if you ever leave! - and if you don't have your Citizenship, it'll be one mightly headache to get back there; if they even let you!!

Listen good to LondonGal; she knows what she's talking about.

Archived