Occupational Therapist Vacancies - Perth & WA

Sun Shine

Hello

I'm trying to establish what the job market is like for OT's in the Perth area or within WA as a whole.

I understand that OT is on the CSL but I just wondered if this is the reality regarding my profession.

I hope to start the Visa process early next year and would really like a realistic view on the job front so I can make an informed decision.

Many thanks.

:smile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Fat Budda

Hi Sun Shine, I am also an OT working in Mental Health we (as in my wife & two boys) are hoping to emigrate to Melbourne later in the year, however like you we have only just started to check out the jobs and found that I need to be registered with the Cortb to practice in Aus, my wife is ok as she is a Nurse. I am sure you know we are in demand as a profession and there does seems to be an abundance of work in Aus, for us. I have found & included a link to a site I found OT AUSTRALIA, maybe check this out, also the site with the info on registering as an OT http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/visas-and-immigrating/qualifications--assessment/occupational-therapist...Hope this helps.. With Regards a fellow OT.

P.S the audiologist may want to check Jobs In Audiology At Your World Medical Recruitment.

Guest The Frets

Hi,

I'm not an OT but my daughter is going to be training to be one.

We live near Perth WA, and shes been told there is a shortage,

anything to do with health/medicine here there is a shortage. So I would say if you

come over you'll have no trouble getting a job.

Hope this helps.

All the best

Jane

Guest Fat Budda

HI, does anybody know if we OT's need to complete the English IELTS test? My wife is a Nurse & her profession states she needs it!! was just wondering if we do.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

I had to complete IELTS to up my points. I am an OT. It is not too difficult - I did not revise and passed with the highest score - if I can anyone can!!!

Good Luck

• 1 month later...

Hi I've reg'd with the COTRB no English test required as qualified & born in UK. It's quite straight forward to register, you need a solicitor to stamp copies of your doc's & references and get a cheque in Oz dollers. (my bank charged me for the pleasure!!!). We have the house up for sale at the mow then we're off when we can, hopefully near Geelong! (I'm pregnant baby due in Sept so that may affect when we can go as well!).

Archived