Help with 309 spouse visa

Guest speedy gonzales

Guest speedy gonzales

Hi All,

I am an Australian citizen; I have applied for a 309 spouse visa off shore in Lebanon.

-Application logged on 26/6/09. We have Submitted all the required papers on the same day, including the interview.

- Only, had medicals and my salary slips which we later submitted them on the 12/July/09.

Later that month we called them. they said no additional pappers required. application is in inital phase.

Can anyone help me with the processing time for such a visa.

They said it needs 6 to 9 months to process it.

The issue is that, we are planning to be together in Australia by January 2010. since i'm studing and working at the same time and that is the only time that i would be able to do so. that will give us time to settle.

i would be thankful if someone could advise.

thanks

Hi Speedy,

I don't know anything about the Lebanon office but in general processing times for offshore spouse visas vary quite a bit although it doesn't always take as long as they initially say it will. The important thing is that you have supplied everything they need to make a decision so now it's just a case of playing the waiting game.

You can ask them if your partner can have a holiday visa which would at least allow them to enter Australia so you can set up your home together at a time that is hopefully convenient to you. If this is an option, there are a few things to bear in mind: first and foremost, you cannot work on a holiday visa. Secondly, if they grant you your visa whilst you are in Australia your partner will be told to go offshore before it can be issued so you would need to have enough money set aside to take a second trip at that point.

Best of luck :smile:

• 2 months later...

Hi Mohit,

I don't know what a 301 is so it's nearly impossible to advise you without specifics. Assuming you mean the 300, 801 or 309, your relationship history needs to be written by you and your partner and you must write one each. Stat decs are needed to support your application and these are written by your friends and family. Everything you need to know can be found on the DIAC's Web site - if you use the visa wizard you can find your way to the right information for you.

Best of luck.

Guest Paussie

I applied for a 309 Visa from the UK and once they had all the details (I had to, initially, jump through a lot of hoops and they wanted a LOT of extra information from me) it took about two weeks for them to grant me a PR Visa.

Guest mohit126

hi sorry for that well actually what i am looking for is sample of reation ship history like format thinng and i am having trouble in finding a australian citizen for stat dec

Guest Paussie

For relationship history, they want a written history from each of you detailing your history together. They also want evidence of photos of you together at functions etc, letters to each other, cards, things to addressed to you both, rent receipts, joint bank accounts etc. Basically, any piece of evidence which shows you are a couple stretching as far back as you can manage - 1 year for a temporary Visa (reviewed in two years) or 5 years for a PR Visa.

hi sorry for that well actually what i am looking for is sample of reation ship history like format thinng and i am having trouble in finding a australian citizen for stat dec

If you read through the section 38 'Evidence that your relationship is genuine' of the Partner Migration Booklet: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf (a PDF file) you will find everything you need to compose your statement. Everyone's story is different and it's something that only you and your partner can write.

Re. your stat decs, if I were you, I would contact a qualified and registered migration agent and get professional advice on what to do if you are unable to get someone who is an Australian citizen to write one for you both.

Guest Paussie
Everyone's story is different and it's something that only you and your partner can write.

Yes indeed.

I wrote mine and was very factual about what happened and when etc. My other half wrote a more personal one about how wonderful I am how wonderful I have made her life. She then read mine... I felt a right idiot.

Guest Paussie

Ha-ha!

Ah, the problem with that though, is we go to the well too often... because then, inevitably, we will get blamed if you put on a pound here or there (even though we really don't care!)

Guest hosurrahman

Hi las,

your reply is helpful to me also.

But i have a dought ,so when iam in Australia in a holiday visa and if spouse visa granted

then do i have to comeback to same country where we lodged appplication?

or is just outside australia like NZ or singapore?

cheers,

Hosur

Hi Hosur,

I don't know for sure but to the best of me knowledge you simply need to be offshore when it is granted therefore Singapore or New Zealand (or anywhere else with an Australian Consulate or Embassy) should be okay. You will be able to confirm this with your contact, Case Officer or RMA in your home country before you leave for Australia. You will need to tell them where you will be so they can contact you so you might as well ask them about where you must be when it is granted at the same time. :)

Best of luck :smile:

Guest mohit126

actually in my case its a arrange marriage as i am indian so it is getting very difficult to write relation ship history can u help

Guest siamsusie
actually in my case its a arrange marriage as i am indian so it is getting very difficult to write relation ship history can u help
Hi there Mohit,

I would strongly advise obtaining a RMA to help you through this whole procedure. It can become very complicated and he/she would guide you through the whole process.

We all have had to write a statement separately giving a full account of our relationship.

It is extremely comprehensive, giving the history of how we met, our domestic arrangements, how we support each other financially, physically and emotionally, domestic arrangements, bills, cards, certificates (in your case translated stat dec'd copies) and when did this level of commitment begin. periods of separations etc. Stat Dec copies from friends and families.

In your case (an arranged marriage) I am sure this is not the first time DIAC have come across this situation, but I would imagine this would be extremely important having an RMA on board who has the experience and the knowledge of how to handle cases such as yours. To be honest it was a fair bit of work, even some us probably had our doubts as to how well we had completed the paperwork. I am sure your husband/or husband to be will probably realise that an agent is the safest route to go down.

With very best wishes. Susie:wubclub:

• 1 month later...

I'm in a similar situation... 300 visa application in Lebanon. 3 months in now, and nothing remotely positive from the embassy as yet.

Just found out too, my fiancee is pregnant after my recent visit. We advised the embassy, but it seems this will not make the app move any faster, despite my belief that it is for sure compelling and compassionate circumstances... if ever there were any.

Funny... being a Pom here on 457 then 856 ....I just got approved for citizenship (took 1 week including the test) and I learned while reading up about this, that here in Oz people are treated equally irrespective of race, gender, religion etc etc .... and yet a pmv from UK seems to take weeks ... we may be waiting nearly a year with my fiancee being from lebanon ....

all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others .... it seems :shocked::skeptical:

Have you gotten married yet or will you be getting married in Australia? If you'll be getting married here, you must provide strong evidence to establish that you have met in person. I would also advise you to see a migration agent about this.

• 1 month later...
Guest somsy77
Yes indeed.

I wrote mine and was very factual about what happened and when etc. My other half wrote a more personal one about how wonderful I am how wonderful I have made her life. She then read mine... I felt a right idiot.

LOL yes. Thats the way mine and OH's reads. His is factual. Mine is all about how wonderful he is :)

Archived