playstations?

Guest wackyjacky

Guest wackyjacky

hi can any oneadvise me on what to do about kids playstation 2 and games? do they still work the same over in oz or is it gonna cost a fotune buying new ones!

Also heard that to play english dvds have to take an english tv and dvd player to do it.

How confusing thought i could just pack and go!!

So excited cos aiming to go perth begining of july . thanks alot what would i do with out this fantastic web site!!

Guest london cabbie

Hi ive heard that playstations etc are regional,whereas if you take an english one it has to be chipped to enable you to play the australian bought games,but im not 100% sure.

My son wants a ps3 bad but we will hold off till we get there(time to save up lol).

Good luck ....Jamie

hi can any oneadvise me on what to do about kids playstation 2 and games? do they still work the same over in oz or is it gonna cost a fotune buying new ones!

Also heard that to play english dvds have to take an english tv and dvd player to do it.

How confusing thought i could just pack and go!!

So excited cos aiming to go perth begining of july . thanks alot what would i do with out this fantastic web site!!

Hi

Our playstation 2 (UK) works at treat here in oz there is not really any difference between an uk and aussie one, we use the playstation to play games that we brought in the uk and also games purchased here in oz also it is able to play uk dvds. We brought our uk dvd player with us and it does play some of the rental dvds that we hire from the aussie dvd shop as alot of the dvds here are zoned for for uk region 2 and aussie region 4 (i might have the numbers the wrong way round) but we have been able to def watch aussie dvds in our uk dvd player.(our uk dvd is not a ulti region one by the way) To be extra safe we also purchased an aussie dvd player cheap of ebay here and that also plays some of our uk dvds. So its not a problem at all. Your best bet is to bring your uk dvd player and when in oz buy a multi region one - so if the uk dvd player conks out you can watch any dvd from any region on the multi dvd player..... does that all make sense !!!!! i hope so, almost confused myself

:twitcy:

Guest THE JONEZYS

Our UK playstation works fine on our Aus tv and we play UK and Aus bought games on it.........so no need to go wasting money on a new one!!

Lesley

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wackyjacky

thanks for all replies will be takling playstaions and start saving for playstation three or wee when we get there, hopefully july!!!

Archived