457 still waiting

sami

:mad:Can´t believe what´s happening!! We did our x-rays in Perth on 31-8-09, our son had to do medicals on 3-9-09, TRN was given to them, were told it would take about 3 days until they were received in Melbourne where visa was lodged (we lodged ours online), and since we hadn´t heard anything yet, hubby called medical place today and found out they were still there!!!

Unbelievable, hubby eager to start job soonest as he has been out of work for 4 months, and it looks like the quicker you want it the slower it goes!! I have read on this site that some people didn´t even have to do medicals, and we have done them 3 times now!!

:mad:Can´t believe what´s happening!! We did our x-rays in Perth on 31-8-09, our son had to do medicals on 3-9-09, TRN was given to them, were told it would take about 3 days until they were received in Melbourne where visa was lodged (we lodged ours online), and since we hadn´t heard anything yet, hubby called medical place today and found out they were still there!!!

Unbelievable, hubby eager to start job soonest as he has been out of work for 4 months, and it looks like the quicker you want it the slower it goes!! I have read on this site that some people didn´t even have to do medicals, and we have done them 3 times now!!

Hi, we are coming over on a 457 from UK and didn't have to have medicals or x ray and it took 9 days in total to come through! I wonder if its because you are in Perth that you need the meds, we were told by our agent that when you come from the UK you don't need them (although I think I have read somewhere that if you are going into the medical profession, then you do.)

How frustrating for you.

Raych x

we had medicals and x-rays when we came from Portugal 2 and1/2 years ago, then a few months ago when we started applying for PR we had to have new medicals, then hubby was retrenched, so all down the drain but they should have them there, and we mentioned that, and still they asked for new x-rays and full medical for son as he is at Uni. Just a money making business!!

Archived