Help!!!!

gazza

Anybody ever had there application referred to a different department because of a criminal record???

We have been waiting for our CO, they have everything they need upfront and our app.was sent in Nov.06.

I asked our agent to find out what was going on with our case as we are reading so many of you lucky peeps are gettin CO's and VISA's and we have not heard a dickie bird.

She got back to me today saying all cases are being referred to a new dept. if the said person had received a sentence of 12 months or more. OH served 6 months of a 12 month custodial sentence 10 years ago. (nothing sinister, he got caught helping a mate out of a bit of bother and ended up serving time for the fight, even tho nobody had broken bones or stitches!!)

We have been told to sit and WAIT - arrgggghhhh - done enough of that!!!

He has sent character references and a stat.declaration.

Any advice greatly received before our dreams slip away.

Cheers from a Dispondent Donna

• 1 year later...
Guest jodieh

Hi, sorry can't answer your question. Was wondering if you got your visa. We are just about to apply and like you my partner was sentenced to prison for 14 months of which he served 6. That was 16 years ago. Willl this mean we can't get our visa. Please Please let me know how things have gone for you, cos going out of my mind!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks x

I think they go off the length of the sentence - not the time served. It may just be as simple as someone else looking at the application and relevent documents you sent saying your OH is now of good character etc.

Good luck

Ali x

Archived