hi everyone

angie&jay

Hi, firstly just want to introduce myself as this is my first post (although I have been a PIO addict for some years!).....my name is Angie (28) i am just going into my second year as a student nurse, my partner jay (31) is a painter & decorator/general handyman and refurbs/my current childminder/obsessive carp angler!! and we hav 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 7 (who seriously need to get back to school, 6 wks summer hols is far too long, Arrgh!!)

Ok, we want to end up in Qld (although haven't ruled out some other states but do tend to keep getting pulled back to Qld) and I was wondering how realistic is is to go out on a 457 and survive with just me doing a Grad programme as Jay initially won't be working but settling kids into life....how much savings will we need to fall back on during this period....i understand everyones lifestyle and what you spend will determine a lot of the answer but was just wondering is it possible, would love to hear from anyone that has been ther done that! and how they managed....or is it best to just hold on and get my years experience here then apply and be in a more secure position?

i have soo many more questions for you all but won't overload right now as i think one thing at a time for now! hope this is in the right place and i havn't repeated too much of what others have already asked! thanks and bye for now...

Angie x

(put this in nurses thread other day but i think it should be here, sorry!)

Hi, firstly just want to introduce myself as this is my first post (although I have been a PIO addict for some years!).....my name is Angie (28) i am just going into my second year as a student nurse, my partner jay (31) is a painter & decorator/general handyman and refurbs/my current childminder/obsessive carp angler!! and we hav 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 7 (who seriously need to get back to school, 6 wks summer hols is far too long, Arrgh!!)

Ok, we want to end up in Qld (although haven't ruled out some other states but do tend to keep getting pulled back to Qld)

Angie x

G'day mate, By all means come to Qld, we would love to have you, but leave your old man in London :wink:, as 95% of Australian fishos absolutely hate the carp. The Dept of Primary Industries has set up carp eradication plans

Carp (Queensland Primary Industries and Fisheries)

Same in NSW and Victoria

Cheers, Bobj.

i think anything is possible, but it could be tough. I'm heading out to NSW in a couple of months as a qualified nurse and i'm panicing about the money situation - hubby hasn't got a job yet. But we are determined to make it work.

hi, i guess will just have to take a lump sum to get us through first although easier said than done what with all the costs involved...where abouts in NSW are you going? Jay's grandad lives in Cardiff...thanks for the advice

G'day mate, By all means come to Qld, we would love to have you, but leave your old man in London :wink:, as 95% of Australian fishos absolutely hate the carp. The Dept of Primary Industries has set up carp eradication plans

Carp (Queensland Primary Industries and Fisheries)

Same in NSW and Victoria

Cheers, Bobj.

Haha, thanks Bobj, we were aware of the situation but have just shown him the link....i understand that you adapt to your new country rather than expect it to adapt to your views and obviously theres a valid reason for carp eradication.....however this isn't Jay talking....its me!! erm, its a delicate subject in our house...any suggestions on alternative fishing obsessions as you look like the man to ask...guess Jay will hav to find his sea legs or we may have to wave him goodbye at the airport :huh:

Archived