Moving to Sydney (at v short notice!)

Guest Frankie

Guest Frankie

Hi - any tips welcomed . . .

I'm moving out to Sydney, start of Jan'06 and obviously have very little time to sort much - a rush move being sponsored by a company who seem to want me yesterday. Reading the chains on this forum has me bewildered with all the things I hadn't realised I'd have to do. Guess I haven't quite grasped the significance of what I'm about to do, and need to, quickly!!

hi Frankie

I was in the same boat. I found I had my visa (4 year sponsorship by company) 2 weeks ago, booked my flights the day after and flew over last Tuesday!... Im still trying to get used to everything but its been great fun.

If the company are sponsoring you there isnt that much you need to do really...open a bank account (you can do that in the uk. I used citibank), book flights, sort out accomodation, x-rays/medicals (your firm should give you a hand as mine did)... im sure there are other things you need to do, but I didnt them and im ok!!

anyway must dash

rico

p.s what kind of work are you going to be doing? I will be working in recruitment

Guest Frankie

I'm a brewer. Looking forward to starting afresh with the new company - its just the flaming short notice - the first sniff of things was 2nd week of November, totally out of the blue, so all the life stuff that should take ages to think about to get right, let alone sort, will still be in limbo when I start work over there. Had x-rays and stuff yesterday, and somehow they're hoping everything will be in place for the 4yr visa by 18Dec. Will need to fly out 2nd week Jan, so Lord knows what mess I'll be leaving behind, or you never know, I might have it all sorted (yeah, right!). 37degrees yesterday I see - ouch!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived