GCSEs and A-Levels

Guest Little Stalky

Guest Little Stalky

Does anyone know what the Australian equivalent of a GCSE and an A-Level is? I'm updating my CV and was a bit confused as to whether I should just leave it as is - do Australian employers acknowledge these qualifications? :confused:

Just leave them as they are - employers will ask you if they need to know. If the position specifies year 12 cert then by all means add in the narrative that you completed A levels which is equivalent to year 12 cert but generally just give them what you have. If you need your qualifications verified as equivalent then you can get that done formally but if you are only going for positions which require year 12 then I dont think it would be worth it.

If you have further qualifications and work experience in the field don't bother listing them, simply put something like "3 A levels and eight GCSEs, five graded A-C including science and maths..." or something.

Truthfully employers are far more interested in what you've been doing in the last couple of years and don't care what grade you got for RE 10 years ago.

Only if you're new to the job market do you need to go into details.

Guest fatpom
Does anyone know what the Australian equivalent of a GCSE and an A-Level is? I'm updating my CV and was a bit confused as to whether I should just leave it as is - do Australian employers acknowledge these qualifications? :confused:

Just put (in brackets) year 12 equivalent. Most Aussies don't know what an A-level is?

Archived