TRA application now 30 days

zoe1922

Hi All,

I was just wondering, as I haven't been on this site for ages - why the TRA have now increased their timescale to 30 days.

I have been unable to finish my application to them until now due to work commitments, but now that I have the time to finish it I was hoping I might get an answer within 10 days as my occupation is on the MODL.

What do they verify & how? Do they write to everyone - is that why its now taking so much longer? Or is it because they can't cope with the number of applications?

Thanks,:wink::chatterbox:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Zoe

TRA haven't said why they are now taking longer. Staff cuts wouldn't surprise me because all the Govt Depts have been told to cut operating costs to save money.

Cheers

Gill

Guest rachbarlow

I have been tracking my OH assessment on-line, it is now 14 days and we are on the MODL list etc..., it says finalisation date as 4/8/09, but in the status it says awaiting assessment?? Confused?? How did you all find out the outcome? Did they e-mail you? I could not bear waiting for a letter, that would take ages!!! Well done to you all who have a positive outcome, hope that we are the same! Rach.

Hi Bugbabe

The TRA is Trades Recognition Australia. It is the assesment part of the migration process. if you have a job on the MODL list then you ned to get your qualifications assessed by the TRA to see if basically what you have to offer comes up to the level that you would need to underatke your Job in Australia. If you have positive reply then its Oz's way of saying you can wotk over there.

TRA have their own website also.

Good Luck

Shane

I have been tracking my OH assessment on-line, it is now 14 days and we are on the MODL list etc..., it says finalisation date as 4/8/09, but in the status it says awaiting assessment?? Confused?? How did you all find out the outcome? Did they e-mail you? I could not bear waiting for a letter, that would take ages!!! Well done to you all who have a positive outcome, hope that we are the same! Rach.

Rach

If you check again later today.... at about 3.30pm your status will change, it changes at midnight adelaide time on the finalisation date. so you will know this afternoon good or bad... wishing you all the luck in the world.... and don't forget to post on poms how you got on.

suz

Guest BugBabe
Hi Bugbabe

The TRA is Trades Recognition Australia. It is the assesment part of the migration process. if you have a job on the MODL list then you ned to get your qualifications assessed by the TRA to see if basically what you have to offer comes up to the level that you would need to underatke your Job in Australia. If you have positive reply then its Oz's way of saying you can wotk over there.

TRA have their own website also.

Good Luck

Shane

Thanks for that...OH's job is on the SOL, we are about the get them assessed by EngineerAustrlia, will we need to get them assessed by TRA too? Sorry if there is a really obvious answer, but there is so much to do!! :wacko:

Guest rachbarlow

Thanks for that suz!!! Just checked.......... SUCESSFUL!!!! Yippee!! Not bad for no agent really pleased that the gamble paid off. Getting together the 176 now!!!

Congrats rach, it's a great feeling isn't it?! We haven't gone though an agent either and has paid off so far! I've just sent my SS last night so just waiting now fingers crossed so we're are at similar stages. Which state are you applying for?

Good luck x

Becki

Guest rachbarlow

Yes Becki, it is a good feeling that we are getting somewhere at last after a load of problems, we had an agent rip us off 23 months ago, and never processed our application and missed pathway D!!!! I always thought I should have done it myself, I am very wary of agents now!! (although as I have said before I know that there are good ones out there)!!! We were going to QLD, but have been taken off the SS list. So we are now applying to WA, back to the original plan!!!!! So you have applied for SS first correct??? Then you send your forms to the DIAC?? This is the bit I am unsure of. However, I had asked Gill, Gollywobbler, and she has been very helpful as always, but need to go through her message when the kids are in bed so I know better what I am to do!!!!

I will be burning the midnight oil tonight!!!!!

Rach xx

We originally wanted QLD too but by the time we'd done the AQF it was off the list but I'm happy to go to WA too! Sounds like you've had a rough time with agents, I'm glad I made the choice to go at it alone. The way i thought it went was to apply for SS then once you have that back apply through the DIAC for the visa - i think this is correct!? However I have noticed a few people have already applied for visa's before sending off for SS but I think that's for a 175 visa, could someone help us on this as i want to make sure i'm doing it correctly too?! lol

Guest rachbarlow

I have just looked on their WA website. So you send you ack letter, (download a copy), and your OH CV? Ohh and fill out the form, is this what you did?? I was told by Gill to get the visa app posted off as well to secure MODL points etc. So I may do both!!! Hopefully the two will meet somewhere!!!!!

yeah that's exactly what I did, i cracked on with it straight away. Filled out the form and attached CV and ack letter from TRA and that was it. Be carefully on the form though, i had to fill it out twice because i spent too long pondering on the questions - if you don't fill it out in 2 hours you have to start all over again, nightmare!

I didn't know i could sent off for the visa form before we got the SS back so i'll have a look into that. Have you thought about your meds etc?

Guest rachbarlow

No from reading various posts it can be a bit dodgy to front load them, a gamble. So I think I will wait till I get a CO and they ask. On the points bit, what did you put for oz qual? Is an AQF classed as a diploma? Sorry to hijack the thread!!! I am just getting stuck into forms whilst I have the chance!!!

haha I know, how much money you have and how much research you have done is the hardest bit! I've just been looking at the DIAC website for 176 visa application and tell confused as to whether or not i can apply?! is that a definate?

Guest rachbarlow

Well Gill said to me 'If you submit an sc 175 application based on the current MODL then you will keep your MODL points even if the MODL is changed later', then apply for SS. However, on the SS form where it asks about the DIAC, I have put that the forms have been posted, a couple of reasons, I don't want to go off the SS list, I don't want to go off the MODL or SOL, and I want to keep all our points!!!!! Greedy I know. However not willing to chance anything!!! This way I am thinking that some people have not sent their 175 app off so SS can still be approved. If it is in the post, I can then notify them of a TRN number when I get it. Hopefully it will fall into place. That is the plan!!! The reality is different!!!!

mmm, i don't think we can apply for a 175 visa though as we only have 110 points which is a pool mark (120 including state sponsorship)? how many points do you have?! my brain is starting to get pickled with all this!! lol

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. Back to my original question though of why its now taking them even longer to come back with an answer.

Can anyone tell me how or if they contacted your current employer to confirm your employment? Whilst my employer has signed the letter I wrote confirming my role, I'd like to know if TRA will ring or write to them too as they're being a bit awkward now.

Guest rachbarlow

From what I have read it seems we are lucky it only took 13 days for approval!!! I guess they would ring them as that would be the fastest way for them to get in touch with some-one????

Hi, Sorry for hijiacking the thread! On my TRA confirmation it says internet confirmation yes email, phone or post confirmation no so I can only assume that they must look up the comanies you work for to ensure they exist and don't think they did much more checks on mine. Because we'd done an AQF the assessor when you do that verifies all the info so I don't think they feel the need to do it again. Guess, it just depends on your circumstances and what pathway you are doing.

Archived