somewhere to stay?

Guest sandy

Guest sandy

:no: I have tried every way possible to find cheap, clean accommodation in Adelaide and surrounds for a 2 to 3 month visit to my family starting Feb,Mar,April 2010.

I just need a room or cabin or bedsit.

I am visiting my family and as they only have a small unit and new baby there is not enough room this time! I don't want to be in the way!

Perhaps someone has some suggestions. I have even looked at House sitting, which I have done here in UK.... or even looking after animals (I am farmers wife)... I like to plan in advance and know how long can take!. Thanks.

Guest bowbrummer
:no: I have tried every way possible to find cheap, clean accommodation in Adelaide and surrounds for a 2 to 3 month visit to my family starting Feb,Mar,April 2010.

I just need a room or cabin or bedsit.

I am visiting my family and as they only have a small unit and new baby there is not enough room this time! I don't want to be in the way!

Perhaps someone has some suggestions. I have even looked at House sitting, which I have done here in UK.... or even looking after animals (I am farmers wife)... I like to plan in advance and know how long can take!. Thanks.

Hi there Sandy, my family use House sitters in Tasmania, they use either Mindmyhouse or Housecarers (according to her e mails, I have access to their account lol) and it has worked well for them.

It's just a question of finding a house sit convenient to your dates and not too far from your relations.

There is Adelaide Homestayhttp://www.adelaidehomestay.com/rates.html which aparently is good, my Dad's sister uses them for visitors sometimes and according to the folks it's brillient, basic starts at $160 with no meals a week>>>$180 with breakfast. You can choose your own host so you have sufficient time to do your research. Breakfast&Dinner $230 per wk and 3 meals al inclusive $250 pw.

Great way to make new friends and contribute to someones livlihood rather than a faceless hotel group. Dont be put off thinking its for students, yes many hosts cater for the youth but mature people are made to feel extremely welcome. If you click on "Search Host list" you will see in Adelaide you can get something half reasonable from around $693 per month, cant get much cheaper than that, let us know how you get on cheers J

Guest bowbrummer

Pleasure Sandy, I had a good look at two sites last night, yes living with a family on most occasions but out of that lot there will be someone you can gel with prob leading to a lasting relationship who knows lol. Home from home, washing machine facilities/ Internet, TV, should be good and you retain your independance.

Would be interested to know how you get on and if you need any help pm me. Best wishes

Jason

Archived