Best Tax Agent/ Accountant

MissionAussiePR

Hi, I searched but couldn't able to get good info. So, thought of asking.

Can someone recommend BEST tax agent who has good knowledge on what we can claim and what we can't to get maximum return.

I looking for someone in Sydney, preferably near airport or CBD.

Cheers,

Guest The Birmingham Villains
Hi, I searched but couldn't able to get good info. So, thought of asking.

Can someone recommend BEST tax agent who has good knowledge on what we can claim and what we can't to get maximum return.

I looking for someone in Sydney, preferably near airport or CBD.

Cheers,

Hiya,

same question but Agent on the Gold Coast that deals with migrant or 457 returns. From some questions I have asked at work everyone seems to get about the same amount back.

cheers

Kev

Guest guest17520

I checked on a few websites and most tax agents were saying I would get about $1500 back, I went on to H & R Block and they said I would get $2,500 so I went to their office and after they asked me all the questions they said I would get $2,300 so I went with them. They charge $115 but by far had the highest tax refund for me.

I am on a 457 visa.

They located are everywhere.

I checked on a few websites and most tax agents were saying I would get about $1500 back, I went on to H & R Block and they said I would get $2,500 so I went to their office and after they asked me all the questions they said I would get $2,300 so I went with them. They charge $115 but by far had the highest tax refund for me.

I am on a 457 visa.

They located are everywhere.

Hi Rich,

was this your first claim?

kev

I have not spoke to anyone who has used H+R Block with a good comment about them yet

Kev

Guest guest17301

I was going to ask this about Perth, anyone know of a good agent used to dealing with nurses?

Guest guest17520

Hi Kev

My first claim with H&R Block, one of my friends recommended them to me. What have you heard?

• 2 weeks later...

Remember that the tax treatment of any overseas source income (or losses for that matter) of subclass 457 visaholders is very different to that of permanent residency visaholders or Australian citizens.

In my experience (usually when we take on tax return clients who have been with other tax accountants) this fundamental issue is often overlooked, because many accountants in Australia are not familiar with visas and the tax issues that accompany migrants to Australia.

Best regards.

Archived