Last remaining relative

lee74

OK can anyone help point me in the right direction,

I am currently living here in Perth on temp visa and will be a year or so before I can apply for PR. My Mother (age 52) is desperate to move over ASAP she has no other family over in the UK her father lives here in Perth and is Australian Citizen her only brother lives here in Perth too but is also on temp Visa at present but should be PR soon.

I thought of the possibility of last remaining relative as I would be right in thinking she has no other family in the UK so could she pursue this and use her father?

Many thanks,

Lee

Guest JoanneHattersley

There are a few agents taht operate on PIO who could you could ask. Many good companies too. Cheryl Bird is one agent (BirdiesinOz - username) and Alan Collett is on here. He works for Go Matilda - my parents used them and I can say they were excellent!

Hi Lee

Just lodged my visa for remaining relative ...(with two children over 18) my mum such got her PR in March this year, my sister went out year Nov on partner skills, my other two sisters have been citizens for years. I did find it was worth using an agent, but if your mother is the only one left should be very simple... My agent said joking if I did not have the children it would be a very easy visa.

Well you've gotta do it nothing to lose (maybe a bit of cash) lol ... my advice is get it done asap otherwise just keep leaving it.... Good luck

Guest Gollywobbler
OK can anyone help point me in the right direction,

I am currently living here in Perth on temp visa and will be a year or so before I can apply for PR. My Mother (age 52) is desperate to move over ASAP she has no other family over in the UK her father lives here in Perth and is Australian Citizen her only brother lives here in Perth too but is also on temp Visa at present but should be PR soon.

I thought of the possibility of last remaining relative as I would be right in thinking she has no other family in the UK so could she pursue this and use her father?

Many thanks,

Lee

Hi Lee

Your mother must have NO rellies who are not Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents. She would need to wait until after you get PR. At that stage, her father would be able to sponsor Mum for Remaining Relly based on the information which you have provided.

Cheers

Gill

Archived