6 months in and been back already

gilliantay

Guest pauline hanson the 17th

the reason aussies get ripped off with food prices etc... is because we don't have the luxury of the EU granting billions of dollars worth of subsidies to farming. (47% of total EU grants). and of course the tyranny of distance.

Guest cherryn12

aww ... we are going to Adelaide and i think i will only miss my family , dont you think the Scots moan a lot ...even when life is good ?

Hi to all in Oz we are a family of 5 waiting to move over, looks like it will be around Sep 2010, we are looking for families who are moving out soon or are there already in the Bris Sunshine coast area as this is where we would like to live. we are looking for any info out there that will help us settle & any advice you may have. kids are 17 13 & 4 wife a midwife & i am a professional tennis coach. hope to hear from anyone soon. many thanks David:wacko:

Guest sunnyday
Been here a month now and still finding it hard. Moving to Berwick in next 2 weeks and looking for social network of girlies who like chatter and coffee!!! Anyone out there?

Chris

Hi Chris I'm sure I've seen some threads from people in Berwick keep posting someone will respond soon Im sure!!! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
aww ... we are going to Adelaide and i think i will only miss my family , dont you think the Scots moan a lot ...even when life is good ?

I laughed when I read this..............been here 9 months now and my experience is that most people (aussies) think the scots are laid back, welcoming and generally happy with their lot and tend NOT to moan as much as their English counterparts (SORRY) !!!!!

We are very early on in our process of moving to Australia. Can you please tell me which places are best to live, so we can reaserch areas. We have 2 young children. Don't know where to start.

Hello nicky,its a hard decision we live in sydney and its so boring my advise would be to move to perth,although my children are teenagers and your children are young so they will adapt easily try looking at secret harbour in perth on line, looks like a great place to bring up kids =):yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I'm not the only one bored in Sydney, but I think Perth is far, far more boring than Sydney. Personally, I'd choose Melbourne...or even better, stay put!

Hello nicky,its a hard decision we live in sydney and its so boring my advise would be to move to perth,although my children are teenagers and your children are young so they will adapt easily try looking at secret harbour in perth on line, looks like a great place to bring up kids =):yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived