anyone claimed return flights back from employer?

Guest twilighter

Guest twilighter

Hi am new to this but been reading all the posts, thanks to quoll especially for the very sound advice, we are going back after only 9 months because of my partners job situation, he is finding it unbearable, and has never felt so disregarded at work and put on, we also got broken into at night and my eldest daughter saw him, she has been taumatized and has recieved councelling since, also my work turned out to be a nightmare as my manager quite obviously victimized me, to top it off the owner of the house we rent at 400 doll a wk has put house on market and had now sold, without any warning, so today I booked flights and we leave on 9 aug! Its a shame because my daughter is in yr 11 and we promised her that we will at least wait till she finished her hsc's but got college sorted in York now and my partner has new job in york too , hopefully she will look at this as a great experience some how and keep going forward with her hard work (she got 8 a's in gcse and has had best grades here) she also has been offered more in the way of help with her love of music in uk, any way the reason I posted this is to see if anyone has claimed back there return fairs through there employer etc, we checked on immigration web ok thanks ps please dont let this put any one off , I would have loved to have stayed but not forever, we came with an open mind but if the jobs a problem its difficult on a 457, get residency 1st if you can:wubclub:

Good luck with your move Twilighter, it certainly sounds as if you have had a very rough time of it! I dont know about the return fare - someone will know for sure but I would have thought that sort of thing would have been in the contract and probably more for them terminating you than you deciding to quit.

I hope your daughter settles in well - she will be just in time to start the new year and hopefully not have missed too much important work while she has been here. It's great that they will be able to give her more support.

Guest guest17520

I've always assumed that they only had to pay your fares back to the UK if you get fired/redundant or you don't have any money to pay for them...not sure though, never looked in to it myself as I have never thought about leaving.

Good luck anyway, shame to hear about your time here, as you say, I hope it doesn't out anyone else off.

Guest twilighter

thanks will let you all know the outcome!! watch this space might be worth it to would be 457 holders , and to all them that are coming down under good luck and enjoy, get out there and meet lots of people see the place and do as much as you can, I loved it for the time we had here but I am now looking forward to going back but hopefully forward if you get my drift!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rizzo
Hi am new to this but been reading all the posts, thanks to quoll especially for the very sound advice, we are going back after only 9 months because of my partners job situation, he is finding it unbearable, and has never felt so disregarded at work and put on, we also got broken into at night and my eldest daughter saw him, she has been taumatized and has recieved councelling since, also my work turned out to be a nightmare as my manager quite obviously victimized me, to top it off the owner of the house we rent at 400 doll a wk has put house on market and had now sold, without any warning, so today I booked flights and we leave on 9 aug! Its a shame because my daughter is in yr 11 and we promised her that we will at least wait till she finished her hsc's but got college sorted in York now and my partner has new job in york too , hopefully she will look at this as a great experience some how and keep going forward with her hard work (she got 8 a's in gcse and has had best grades here) she also has been offered more in the way of help with her love of music in uk, any way the reason I posted this is to see if anyone has claimed back there return fairs through there employer etc, we checked on immigration web ok thanks ps please dont let this put any one off , I would have loved to have stayed but not forever, we came with an open mind but if the jobs a problem its difficult on a 457, get residency 1st if you can:wubclub:

I feel so sorry for you, but maybe it all happened for a reason (fate)

who did your husband work for? sounds like my husbands emplyers!

i think it would depend on the contract you had with your employer. We are on a 457 and in Hubs contract it says that if we decide to go back to the UK its at our cost and we pay be a percentage of the moving fees that they paid to get us here. However if they terminate his employment they will pay all our costs to go back to the uk.

Good luck

Emma

x

Archived