Etihad - any views please?

ozzbound

We are wanting to fly Manchester to Melbourne with Etihad.

Would welcome any views on what your experience was like with them, the food and childrens meals if possible - we have 11 and 16 year old fussy girls :confused:

Need the good, bad and ugly!! Would you use them again or not??:shocked:

xxx

Guest chris_mac

Hi ozbound

We fly out in two weeks with them to Brisbane... I hope they are good... Been twice before with Singapore and Emirates who both where spot on...

Best wishes

Chris

Hi ozbound

We fly out in two weeks with them to Brisbane... I hope they are good... Been twice before with Singapore and Emirates who both where spot on...

Best wishes

Chris

Oooh you can be the guinea pig then! :laugh:

Only joking... hope the flight goes well and please come back and let us know how you got on :yes:

The main reason for choosing them (besides the price!) is that the husband keeps saying he does not want to set off from Manchester then off/on 2 hours in London and fly again....

Guest chris_mac
Oooh you can be the guinea pig then! :laugh:

Only joking... hope the flight goes well and please come back and let us know how you got on :yes:

The main reason for choosing them (besides the price!) is that the husband keeps saying he does not want to set off from Manchester then off/on 2 hours in London and fly again....

That was one of our reasons to! I will update once in oz..

Guest LukeSkywalker

I have booked with them. They get great reviews. New planes. Top quality service. Like Emirates but cheaper.

Guest chris_mac
Aslong as it stays in the air from A to B then it gets my vote!!

Oh and if it serves chilled Stella its a definate white wash!!

Good shout mate!

Here here!

Guest proud2beaussie

I was on the first Etihad flight into Australia a couple of years ago and I have flown with them 4 times since then and I've always been happy with the service but as I have not payed for a ticket my view might be considered as biased.

There is a recent review (23 June) of a SYD-MAN flight at skytrax.

Etihad Airways Reviews and Etihad Airways Passenger opinions about Etihad Airways product and service standards

Guest boomerangpommie

I flew with them and they were as good as Emirates and Singapore Airlines, food fine and in-flight entertainment etc. Abu Dhabi airport is not as nice as Dubai or Singapore - it's quite small but you can get a drink and snacks etc which is what you need for a couple of hours but once we had found somewhere to sit, we stuck there until it was time to go!!!

[quote

Oh and if it serves chilled Stella its a definate white wash!!

You'll be lucky - its a dry flight:sad:

Anyway, I'll be on it on saturday, so I'll keep you peeps updated on the service even if its only with a glass of iced water:laugh:

Guest Prickles83

I flew with Etihad in October 2007 for my honeymoon to Oz and they were great! Have previously flown with Gulf Air (when they flew to OZ) and Qantas and would rate them better. Staff were very nice and food was much better than usual. Would definitely recommend

Guest proud2beaussie
You'll be lucky - its a dry flight

No it's not,Etihad do not use alcohol in preparation of food but they do serve alcoholic drinks on board,I have flown with them 5 times and always had a few glasses of wine.

The only carrier operating out of Australia that is dry is Royal Brunei-and even with them you can take your own on board.

Guest proud2beaussie

They serve excellent wines ,last time I flew was a mix of Australian ,French and Spanish.

The Spanish Rioja red was lovely.

Thanks to everyone for their views.

it is between Etihad and Emirates who i had a great flight with last time TBH prefer the 2 stops in Dubai and Singapore to break up the journey - as will the husband who smokes :o

Any other views are still welcome.

Cheers guys !!! xxx

I was on the first Etihad flight into Australia a couple of years ago and I have flown with them 4 times since then and I've always been happy with the service but as I have not payed for a ticket my view might be considered as biased.

There is a recent review (23 June) of a SYD-MAN flight at skytrax.

Etihad Airways Reviews and Etihad Airways Passenger opinions about Etihad Airways product and service standards

Checked out that link NIOZ and it wasn't looking good for Etihad :nah:

Suppose its each to their own really. I liked Emirates but they had some negative reviews too so I think we will go Singapore Airlines !:wink:

Will check prices when we have a date then decision time....

Guest The Davidsons

For anyone who is looking at one way flights from UK to Australia, please look at:

IOM - United Kingdom

Its the official Institute of Migrants website (IOM - International Organization for Migration). They only do Qantas and were approx $3000 cheaper than usual agents fro 2 adults and 3 kids with extra baggae allowance. You have to pay by BACS, but worked well for us when we came over in Jan.

Archived