Getting passport stamped in UK before flying

Ratchet

Ive been told by my employment agent that i can go to the Aus embassy in London and have the 457 visa stamped in the passports before we go. Rather than getting it done on arrival. Is this right?, if so how do i do it?

Thanks

Kelly

Guest Hearne_Family

Yes, we did it, jus go to Australia house with the passports, we also took all the documents we recieved RE: visa approved.

There are no appointments just turn up and wait!!

Guest bentkitty

They are only open in the morning. I turned up at 9 and there were only 2 people in front of me and 4 people serving, so I didnt have to wait long. Only the primary applicant needs to go with everyone's passports so if you have kids you dont need to drag them along with you. Dont forget to take a copy of your visa grant letter with you.

Guest Hearne_Family

Ours were in our visas by 9:15, didnt take long at all. I am the main applicant and my wife went to Australia House as I had to go to work and it was fine they didnt need me to be there just checked the passports and and put the visas in.

Depending on where you live in proximity to Australia House, I sent mine off with the visa letter via registered post. It was all turned around and back in my hands with 10 days. But you can call and check first if this is possible, given that its Summer and probably busy up there.

Guest cornishman

We didn't need a stamp when we were granted our 457 visa as it is electronically linked to your passport. Even when we landed in sydney airport the immigration didn't want to stamp our passports. My OH and i came out in february this year.

Gemma

Archived